E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
kidturbo
cars: 05 MB E320
04 Ford F250
Multiple Duramax Powered Boat Projects

Re: E67 to T87/T87A TCM interface needed

Post by kidturbo »

Ah too funny.. Looked like they added actual additional new table list at first glance.. :wall:

You are on the correct track, however working on the wrong device I feel... As mentioned those seem to be the separated list I fond in that early OS, and are the switches between the Corvette and Standard OS versions. Would allow you to disable or enable the current list of broadcasted ID's. But this is can also be accomplished by switching to a Corvette OS release, which flips those switches for ya. But year related Issue is we need to Add to that existing list if we want to run against newer TCM OS versions.. Or we tell the TCM to not require our E38 missing ID's. Easier.. But you have the proper approach going on.

For those of us who play nicely with others and don't plagiarize, might have a complete Global A dbc, and thus the ability to regenerate all these networked messages on the bench. While knowing exactly what each bit is for and does. Then ya take recorded CAN data from XXXX year / model vehicle, hack it up to build a short msg file, then we play that back against our target ECM, TCM, BCM of choice. If ya do it right, the node will tell you happy or not per msg back over CANbus, and actually give you the exact reason if it isn't under some other ID's. If ya have the matching A2l, one can take said response and go digging for that exact line where it's unhappy. Easy...

So that's our basic approach required to matching up nodes across 25 years. GM didn't delete much, they just added to the stack. Replicating the missing data is easy, modifying existing data packets requires a different approach.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Eventually I'll shoot some of my cax files over to Paul @ efilive to include in the standard calz files as i've added a bunch of parameters for e38 & t42/43, at least for the oses we got for in our holden calibrations.

I think there might be some guys in the states that already have some of what i have in their own cax files who specialize in doing conversions etc, so hopefully they don't get too upset once the update goes out, but i think a majority of tuners there appear to use HPT. I have it also, but it's more a last resort thing.

I'll happily confess to say that im no code guru, people share stuff with me to help me on a path & then I start looking for similar patterns of data in other files.

Those can tx/rx stuff i added as something to experiment with, i'm happy to play Guinee pig on my stuff, im certainly capable of self funding my experimentation & willing to share my testing etc.

I have a full time job that has nothing to do with cars/tuning, so I don't mind sharing my knowledge, just a simple thanks or credit is good enough for me.

I'm also happy to fund stuff like this when it interests me, purely coz it's cool shit. haha

It's a slippery slope though, as i started tuning my own stuff, then friends & now it's a side business when im home from work & my workshop is equipped with hoists, chassis & hub dyno.
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

Love reading this stuff. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had something to add, but all I can offer is gratitude.
kidturbo
04 Ford F250

Post by kidturbo »

Cast a line down south and tell those boys to get this T87/A stuff rollin for us.. I'm an EFI only guy myself, and it seems HPT at least has some ability to edit a few DTC's and load these newer 87A files. There is only 3 or 4 OS options for 2016+ TCM units. Split that in half for Allison vs everything else. The ability to roll out any reasonably starting OS mod for these, requires the ability to import some raw bins. Or at least know if we can write a cax file without conflicting against upcoming releases. That's been my biggest gripe, sifting thru all this data by hand that I know trans tuners have sorted by now.

I gave up a twenty year IT contracting career when my Aussie brother ask, " Ya wanta build a badass one off diesel boat with an open checkbook ? " Well Heck Ya.. And that led me to change a lovely hobby, into a another stinking business. But over the past decade I've helped wire up some killer powerplants into about anything that moves, craws, floats, or fly's.. Notables ya might find my hardware in are the LS Airfish, Dmax'd Ripsaws, a few hammer trucks, and some scary fast boats.. Sticking OEM based hardware into places they never intended, became a cool niche.

So I don't mind helping others learn the tricks, so long as they are willing to put in the effort to actually master something, and give back. The old guard like Banks taught me that, not by handing me the direct answers when ask, but by tossing a bone every once in a while if ya show serious commitment. Also once held ASE Master Tech cert, so fully understand that this level of knowledge ain't free.. The things they don't teach factory tech's at least.

:turbo:
Tre-Cool

Post by Tre-Cool »

so as a point that im continually learning.. all those can message id stuff i did line by line into a cax file, so lots of copy/paste with their own ID.

30 minutes ago i just worked out how to do it in 1 & feel like an clever fucker & an idiot at the same time.

Eventually i'll get my shit together & just do them in the V8 editor, but i still like to use 7.5
CAN-RX-E38.PNG
radrace19
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Post by radrace19 »

Tre-Cool wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 pm can't find shit at the wreckers, at least online. so have sent a message to a GM SV distributor for a 10l90e kit.

Part number - 19420480

i expect it'll probably be around the 12k AUD mark.
19420480 is the performance transmission package with harness and TCM. GM is just using a ZL1 transmission and swapping it to slip yoke like the trucks use. We have 2 of these kits in stock, but like you guessed shipping to you is gonna be silly.
kidturbo
04 Ford F250

Post by kidturbo »

Bump these off that list. :D

0x0F9 Trans_General_Status_1
0x199 Trans_Torque_Request_HS
0x1F5 Trans_General_Status_2
0x4C9 Trans_General_Status_3

Have any good CANbus captures off a Holden car?
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

kidturbo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:34 am 0x199 Trans_Torque_Request_HS
Thankyou for that. I've got a t43 disassembly thread going. That parameter might? help me out for the rev match.
Tre-Cool

Post by Tre-Cool »

kidturbo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:34 am Bump these off that list. :D

0x0F9 Trans_General_Status_1
0x199 Trans_Torque_Request_HS
0x1F5 Trans_General_Status_2
0x4C9 Trans_General_Status_3

Have any good CANbus captures off a Holden car?
no can captures directly, obv i have tons of efilive logging.

I do have a can capture device i can use that i put onto my hub dyno as the can interface, i used that to capture comms to decipher the haltec wideband protocol.

Downside to me using a simple 1 line to show all the parameters, I can't add text to each field to further explain what's on the broadcast address, which from looking at the gm doc's they can have multiple things.
gm8782.PNG
gm8782.PNG (164.04 KiB) Viewed 188 times
before i purchase a bunch of other pdf's does anyone have a copy of the GMW8763-8781 doc's?
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

I've got 8777 if you need it.