Pulling tune on DLTK chip

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
delcowizzid

Re: Pulling tune on DLTK chip

Post by delcowizzid »

depends what version of kal you have if you dont have the verson to support the tune type say its maffless vs but you only have vs maf software you wont be able to load it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:depends what version of kal you have if you dont have the verson to support the tune type say its maffless vs but you only have vs maf software you wont be able to load it
I have the same software that the tune was done on. Funny you mention that though because I've tried looking at W95 tunes without having the software and I got the same error message E1205. This is what poses the question, is it possible the previous tuner has locked it or something of the like.
krusty

Post by krusty »

vn5000 wrote:Post the bin and we will have a look.
I've had a look at it in wordpad both in BIN scrambled and Hex form but am unfortunatel unable to export it from my aging laptop.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha no floppys i have 2 boxes just for this
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty

Post by krusty »

Have to get a floppy to fit to my desktop i guess. Better still a USB driver would be nice but my ye olde laptop for the kalmaker software won't acknowledge any of the ones I've tried to load in via my read only cd rom
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

laptop model
krusty

Post by krusty »

It's a Compaq Armada 1750 Delco Wizz
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hehe ill probably have the driver here :D wonder where my cd from holden202 is :mrgreen:
krusty

Post by krusty »

Well I'm well n truley stick. Chances are the customer is going to go home n plug his memcal in his car and get a no go situation. I've been trying for 6 hours to get some sense of this tune file and in BIN and Hex it's just jibberish to me. I need some resoloution tomorrow and am praying that his car starts :evil: I hate letting people down.

Next step: Get some 3.5" floppies and buy a drive to fit to my desktop to enable me to email it off for some guidance. Learning can suck sometimes
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »