Fuel Gauge

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Re: Fuel Gauge

Post by evilstuie »

Hi Gampy, I know this thread is a bit old but it seems you might have the answer to my problems as well :)
I have a 12225074 tune upgraded to HPTuners SD RTT OS (127003 i think) from a Holden Commodore Ls1 and I need to segment swap the Fuel segment from a 2002 firebird so I can use my android tablet gauges for fuel level, but HPTuners won't let you swap between OS's.
Are you able to?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

The standard answer is no!

You cannot swap between different Os's, however there are times that it can be done if they are of the same linage (based on the same code base), being that you are using an HPT COS there is no certainty that they started with OsID 12225074 or it's linage as a base, or what OsID they started with as a base in the first place ...

If it is just a modified 12225074 (or it's linage) Os then any other segment that is based on 12225074 (linage) will work ... Otherwise, likely not.

But anytime you start playing with a COS you are treading on shaky ground, you just don't know what they did, where!

If you are the adventurous type, get a good backup of your entire PCM, take a second or third copy of your backup and swap it, ensure the checksums are done, then write it and see what you get.

Before I write it, I personally would do a Verify entire PCM against this newly swapped bin and see if it changes the boot segment/sector ... If it does, I'd be wary, still do it, just be more careful, and maybe on a less important PCM first!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Post by evilstuie »

Thanks Gampy.

Yeah I think it's heading down a path I just don't have the knowledge, time or energy to go down.
It's going to be just as easy to slap another gauge or make a quick Arduino & display setup to have the fuel shown separately at this point.

The OS is the 12225074 which has then be modified by HPT for the SD RTT, but who knows what they actually change.

I was hoping the fuel gauge input would be like most other things where it still reads from that pin regardless of the OS config, like EGR, A/C and some of the other pins, but VCM scanner won't even let me add the PID to the table.

If the PCM ever craps out I'll try to load the stock firebird tune on and then copy/paste everything across but for the meantime KITT will just have to guess at the fuel level.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

Hptuners can help you if you open a help ticket and describe your issue.
lsxautumn
cars: 02 sierra 2500HD LQ4 4L80E
AKA a void that eats all my money

Post by lsxautumn »

I had the same issue, I swapped from an 0411 to a P59 using the 7603. The solution I found is to go on universal patcher, use an 03 bin file with the right sized tank as your compare, and the copy the table in this parameter, and this should be the only table you have to change.

show.jpg
show.jpg (60.34 KiB) Viewed 609 times
From what I've read in 04 they got rid of the fuel return line, also in 04 they changed the sending unit to one that reads the AD counts inverted from the from the 99-03.