The Latest Hardware Mods For The Delco ECM and PCM

Ecu Hardware Modifications
delcowizzid

Re: The Latest Hardware Mods For The Delco ECM and PCM

Post by delcowizzid »

somewhere around the $200ish mark i think mate pretty cheap when you see the quality of the boards well made definatly picked a good manufacturer there VL400.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

cracker wrote:looks great! any idea on what the costs going to be like? very very impressive a ruff cost would be great though very keen
Like delcowizzid said around $200ish, at this moment in time with parts costing what they do will be looking at around $180 in kit form :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so $180 ish gets you a realtime board and a serial comms board in kit form so basically you have to solder the kit together, solder the serial board wires to the ecm then your done and ready to real time tune the 808 ???

if thats the case thats very good price and extremely good bang for buck ;)
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

What he said ^
Awsome job there. Its about time someone looked into how Kalmaker does it. Currently I use Kalmaker to do the realtime tuning then re-write the adjustments to another memcal (thats not using the Kalmaker software), beats paying several hundred dollars for a security PAL each time I do another ECM.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the hardware may look similar but is different in a lot of ways and the bins are modified stock holden bins which have had custom aldl modes added to read and write.some people have been flashing bins into there ecu's like this for 3-4 years at least.but now thanks to advances in software full realtime is becoming a reality.hopefully when tunerpro R/T V5 is released soon it will handle ALDL write commands direct from its GUI and will make it an even easier to use package not that there is anything wrong with it at all now.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Biggsy wrote:Currently I use Kalmaker to do the realtime tuning then re-write the adjustments to another memcal (thats not using the Kalmaker software), beats paying several hundred dollars for a security PAL each time I do another ECM.
that sounds painfully slow :) then again i remember when i had a memcal modified with a socket and eeprom and i would make changes in tuner pro, save it, load it in the eeprom burner, then stick it back in the car and test ....

made getting the 202 running on delco a slow job!!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I actually had no idea how kalmaker was doing it until a member here sent me a picture of a SP3 ECM, I could never afford the $$ they were asking and driving a stock 5L I had no real use for the extra features they added anyway. The first prototype of the comms board was back in about 2001 when i had a check engine light. No one could tell me anything about it - but were happy to charge me - so started to investigate things myself. I built a wideband that used a HC11 for tafe and after realising that the ECU in the car was also a HC11 added a max232 hot glued to the PCB! I never took a picture of this, wish i di though.

The NVRAM board was an extension of montecarslows mode 4 ALDL idea, so I have him to thank for the idea of adding an NVRAM! The first prototype was in 2005 and used a DS1230Y, but then after aconversion to a VR V6 and 4l60E in my brothers VK revised the board and added a DS1245Y for dual maps and support of 64K bins. Here are the protypes that were used for nearly 3 years in various vehicles...
Original_Protypes.jpg
Original_Protypes.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 4172 times

So really thanks to a missing VSS on my VL and montecarslow we are where we are today! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hahaha kewl, must say the next boards are a damn sight better looking than the old ones :)
djbrooksy

Post by djbrooksy »

hi guys
so who do i have to sleep with around here to get my hand on these
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

heheheh .. hey brooksy ....

you don't need to sleep with anyone but speak with VL400, hes your man!!

hey VL400, brooksy is putting a v6 into a gemini :D