ECM for my skyline? what to use?

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Tinker

ECM for my skyline? what to use?

Post by Tinker »

Been scratching /beating my head on what I should do will my R33 skyline turbo. There ecu’s are unsuitable for real-time editing etc (not impossible but they might as well be).

Has anyone done a Delco conversion to the RB engine and what did you use?

Or what other ecus would people recommend, power fc, haltech, link, etc

I have a Delco setup that I could use but coil control lets this option down for me.

What are people’s thoughts ideas?
delcowizzid

Re: ECM for my skyline? what to use?

Post by delcowizzid »

NISTUNE youre factory ecu the boards are not expensive
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

delcowizzid wrote:NISTUNE youre factory ecu the boards are not expensive

Thanks mate but they dont do a board for the R33 rb25det :-( ... been there and checked allready.

And from what i have checked going the z32 conversion would not be as good as the 808 running 12p.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The ignition system could use one of these 6 cyl DIS ... https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=128

The ideal setup would be a sequential injection PCM with a proper MAP setup, but they dont exist in aussie delco land - the kalmaker code is a really half baked MAP. The VR (or VS V8) PCM is as close as you can get and there will be a 2/3 bar version. Otherwise if you wanna loose banked/sequential then an 808 and 12P will run it fine.

The other thing is who is tuning this? If you are then its all good but finding a tuner may be difficult. There are a few plug and play aftermarket ECUs for these so it may be easier long term to go with one of them.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

VL400 wrote:The ignition system could use one of these 6 cyl DIS ... https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=128

The ideal setup would be a sequential injection PCM with a proper MAP setup, but they dont exist in aussie delco land - the kalmaker code is a really half baked MAP. The VR (or VS V8) PCM is as close as you can get and there will be a 2/3 bar version. Otherwise if you wanna loose banked/sequential then an 808 and 12P will run it fine.

The other thing is who is tuning this? If you are then its all good but finding a tuner may be difficult. There are a few plug and play aftermarket ECUs for these so it may be easier long term to go with one of them.

Thanks mate, I would be willing to do a Delco conversion stealth type (put the Delco in the Nissan ecu box etc) as I was wanting to keep the setup standard looking …
(Power fc or haltech would be easy to do as they are plug in jobs) . The Delco would be a lot of work but a lot cheaper too. I would be tuning either way. The banked/sequential is not a biggie. But would like to run individual coils and have dwell control.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

VL400 wrote: The ideal setup would be a sequential injection PCM with a proper MAP setup, but they dont exist in aussie delco land - the kalmaker code is a really half baked MAP. The VR (or VS V8) PCM is as close as you can get and there will be a 2/3 bar version. Otherwise if you wanna loose banked/sequential then an 808 and 12P will run it fine.
Just wondering what was the issue with the kalmaker code? There are a fair few people pushing it for the v6s
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

From what I understand about it rather than replacing all tables and items with MAP lookups it uses the ideal gas law to estimate the mass air rate using MAP, VE and air intake temp. This airflow figure is then used instead of the MAF for some of the lookups. Gets the job done but its not like tuning a MAP based system.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

ah so it works like the LS1 PCMs where cylinder air is used as the load axis. all well and good if you've not planning on making radical changes to your VE table after you've dialed in spark :think: