new to the site

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
ae86cesar
cars: ae86 toyota corolla 1984
2006 scion tc

Re: new to the site

Post by ae86cesar »

my injector are low impedance i have supra 7mge injectors (360cc i think) but i can also use the rx7 turbo 550cc injectors which are high impedance and use the 165, i like the ignition idea that item seems readily available at the wrecking yard,

i will get the whole loom (this means wire harness?) and rewire it to my car, do i still use my engines water temp sensor, tps, etc.

i cant find the delco 1227749 or which vehicle it was from on the US i will keep looking and code59 is new to me ill read more on that

also does it matter if i use an ecu from a manual or auto?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ide run the 165 ecu it is one of the easiest to work your way through and the 4 cylinder aussie bins run a 4age pretty well stock . if your grabbing the loom off the engine get the ecu temp sensor as well and inlet temp sensor.and swap to high impedence injectors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ae86cesar
2006 scion tc

Post by ae86cesar »

165 seems the easiest way, now is their a way to use this ecu and get rid of the distributor and use coilpacks (my distributor leaks oil really bad)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you could use LADA niva DIS coilpack ignition if you can fab up a trigger and if you have any injected nivas in the scrap yard theres a few 4 cylinder DIS setups round that would work just the trigger is the hardest part you could possibly use the dizzy to trigger a lada pack if the lower trigger wheel has the correct number of teeth to mod it but that doesnt fix the oil leak
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

ae86cesar wrote:165 seems the easiest way, now is their a way to use this ecu and get rid of the distributor and use coilpacks (my distributor leaks oil really bad)
Being in the US its really easy for you, plenty of 4 cyl delco vehicles have a DIS setup like this .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=128

Have a google for D1927A to get a list of vehicles that use, when you find one at a wrecker chop the DIS module out with the wiring. Will need to change the trigger to suit the new module, might be able to adapt the GM factory one to the 4AG somehow.
ae86cesar
2006 scion tc

Post by ae86cesar »

i went to my local wrecking yard and wasnt able to find an ecu ill go to a different one this week to see if i find one
ae86cesar
2006 scion tc

Post by ae86cesar »

i have had no luck finding any ecu, when i go to the wrecking yard and look for them their always missing and cut at the harness i think more people know about delco tuning in my area than i taught, ill just have to get a car when its fresh in the yard
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i could send over an ecu i have a pile here somewhere :mrgreen: the 1227808 aussie version which is a 165 without the highspeed aldl chip
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

better send 2 .... don't want to have one in the car and it fucks up and you have to get one shipped from AUS/NZ
ae86cesar
2006 scion tc

Post by ae86cesar »

i havent had time to go to the wrecking yard since i started school, but if i dont find anything i will consider the shipped ecus X2 thanks