ekdaves project ..

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
ekdave1962
cars: EK holden running vn v6

ekdaves project ..

Post by ekdave1962 »

hi everyone thought id post a few pics of my current car since im driving you all nuts with newby questions ..

she a modified 1962 EK sadly the day this pic was take she had tossed a rod on the 186

so out with the 186 in with the VK EFI black motor

now the project continues with the Delco 808 which will fit to the vk black motor until i have the new motor ready

currently im setting the delco up on a old test motor a 173 with 12 port head once i have sorted ..

its currently using a modified holden electronic dizzy similar to 202's motor, im still waiting for engineering shop to fabricate timing wheels to connect to harmonic balance if they work it should give me more control over ignition and fuel systems ..

the final project will be a blown efi 202 running the delco unit
delcowizzid

Re: ekdaves project ..

Post by delcowizzid »

nice looking terra charger :mrgreen: the v6 trigger wheels on the vn's are bolted onto the rear of the balancer im sure you could bolt them onto the 202 balancer pretty easy if theres room behind it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

all thats behind a 202 blancer is the timing cover and gears!!!

just a suggestion man, but i think you'll need to have the throttle body rotated like my pic below otherwise it will hit on the manifold at full throttle.

by the way i love the car!!! big fan of the old fb/eks!

very keen to see the new blown motor with delco running the show!
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

yep no room behind was planning front mount .. yeah its just tossed on for the moment was going to make a spacer or rotate or trim a little off the throttle mech ,, dont think it matters which way it hangs so rotation is mostlikely the go
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah pretty much whatever way works best for you.... also once i fitted mine i noticed there was a fair bit of a lip on one side of the vk manifold ..... stick a texta in there, mark the lip and then remove the throttle body and die grind it out!
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

thanks Sam, yeah i will haev to play with it a little because i was planning on running the T700 as we so will need to get the mounting bracket just right got as i believe series 1 t700's where very fussy about the kick down cable adjustments there still lots to be worked out speedo, tunning etcorder VL400's vram board so with the 12p tune hopefully that will make realtime tuning a breeze ..
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok few bits of advise on the T700 after doing it myself.

* get t700 v8 kickdown cable cause the v6 one is too short

* do something like this for the cables:

if you want more detail i can get a top down high quality pic of the throttle body for ya, but basically i drilled out the spot welds that holds the two pieces of the throttle linkage together and removed the top bit, then i drilled a hole in the right spot to suit the location the kickdown needed to be, then i mounted it onto a filed down bolt head with two nuts to secure it then just made a bracket for the kickdown to mount on the inlet pipe.

* the accelerator is using the long arm on the linkage that isn't normally used for anything just with a pivot ball screwed into it and then the stock vk efi accelerator cable from there!

* you'll most likely need to re-shape the dipstick tube to fit the tunnel.

* get a plug for the wires on the tranny and run them before you put the box in cause they are a biatch once its in!