Delco 265 Hemi install help

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
delcowizzid

Re: Delco 265 Hemi install help

Post by delcowizzid »

and highly addictive its like pringles once you pop you cant stop.the v6 harness isnt much of a biggy to alter i can tell you what the wires on most of the plugs do i mapped out a harness ages ago and wrote them all down theres only really about 6-7 wires to connect to power if that to make it run.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i was happy to spend a few hrs sorting it out than the buy a camira loom for about $200 or more .... i told the bloke he was dreaming ... he told me that one day they will be worth $1000 cause they are so rare ...... i mean really, how much would it cost to make a complete loom from scratch ... few hundred :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if you have all the sensor and ecu plugs doesnt cost bugger all for a heap of different coloured rolls of wire>I have my own stash of plugs here for custom delco harnesses just im not planning on joining any wires till i have an engine in front of me installed so i dont waste unnessecary wire.im thinking of making some measurement charts so once ive done one i can build many to suit the same engine from scratch without needing the engine or car.i did think about making short ecu harnesses that reach the engine bay with a quick dissconnect plug for the engine loom to plug in on the engine side of the firewall and then making all sorts of engine harnesses to suit.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i just found a site that advertises a point filter circuit to run the delco off a points dizzy shame hes taken the schematics off the page and now sells them wonder if we can work out what a filter would require VL400 any input :D would open up even more possibuilitys without major dizzy mods http://www.customefis.com/ignfilter.html
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I think the following site may help.
http://fat265.com/fullysick_efi.php

This guy seems to have it pretty well sorted.

Greg
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well it would be alot easier if you have a electronic dizzy you can modify :)

am i correct in thinking that the jackaroo etc module is more like the camira module built into the dfi module base ?

i know on something like a holden 6 you could probably do the same thing with the flywheel and a EST sensor ..... or make a crank trigger like on that website that bolts onto the front of the balancer. ...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah i saw that setup off fat265 http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/GM_DIS.htm somewhere else where they had milled slots accross the factory balancer not my cup of tea but if you got it balanced afterwards would probably be sweet.or make a trigger wheel to bolt on that does the same thing and uses that same DFU module.i saw another one somewhere that had holes drilled in a plate instead of notches worked too.much easier than using the commodore DFI module with the double triggerwheel setup thats for sure.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The filter is going to be a fairly simple circuit and really with a little bit of work would be cheap and simple as a DIY project. Most vehicles had an electronic ignition system offered at some point so swapping dizzies is normally the go.

The only issue i can see using the filter circuit is your still bound by the usual points maintaince, although with pretty much zero current going through the points they would last longer. It just the cam that opens and closes the points that would wear.

Yeah pretty much holden202, ignition module but syncs to an extra trigger pulse and then steps through each coil twice over the engine cycle. Pity there is no V8 DIS option like that, the northstar setup is even worse than the holden/buick V6 trigger!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What sort of signals can the camira module accept? From looking at my dis, the camira reluctor setup, I can see the wheel with the points on it, and where it passes the pickup, I understand this would create a wave with shortish pulses as the metal passes the sensor. Ive also seen other isusu distributors which parts are swappable from, that look like a square on the distributor shaft, going past a sensor and ic. I imagine this would make more of a sine wave, and amp it up a little in the IC. Would this signal also work?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The camira module is looking for a sine wave style signal that swings positve and then negative. I have some better pics from a digital scope at work but this shows the basic idea of what goes into a camira module and what comes out (the hall effect style is basically what the module outputs)....

The signal from the magnetic reluctor starts in the mV range at cranking speeds and ends up at many volts at high RPM. I use a LM1815 whenever interfacing a reluctor signal to a microcontroller, this is basically the same chip thats inside a camira module. Its a zero crossing detector, that is it waits for a signal that passes zero from positive volts to negative volts, with auto adjusting voltage threshholds. Once it reaches the positive voltage threshold it arms a one shot and as soon as it passes zero volts and reaches the negative voltage threshold it fires the one shot to produce a fixed pulse width output. They work very well and are used by most manufacturers for reluctor interfaces.