Wannabe Tuna

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Wannabe Tuna

Post by immortality »

You are correct, on the VS tune the EGR won't effect it.

I'd try again with the VS SS MAF as it's the same as the V6 MAF.

Also, the files you are using aren't quiet correct for your memcal. Download the memcal ID tool from this forum, it has the correct .bin file and .xdf file to suit your memcal.

It looks like the fuel pressure is behaving correctly.
Maxxx
cars: VS Commodore ute and a VY Commodore ute

Post by Maxxx »

I have this tool, but have no idea how to use it.
immortality

Post by immortality »

The memcal tool comes with a library of tunes and definition files. Go to the VS V6 folder and use the same .bin file as the memcal in your PCM (CXAJ) and use the corresponding .xdf which is the $51e .xdf which you will find the the VS V6 XDF directory.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Ok I seen the files, but thought it might run in tunerpro or something because it was an .exe. Is there a way to download the bin in the PCM for identification. I ask this because the car was set up as a duel fuel when I bought it ,but the gas didn't work and the mechanic doing the roadworthy said the LPG stuff needed to be pulled out. The question I have now is should I be using $51 or $76 and does it make a difference for the logging? There isn't a $76 XDF if that matters. These are the things that are confusing to me.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yes you have to use matching .bin and .xdf files Holden moved stuff about between tunes so not everything lines up correctly between different tunes and definition files. The unfortunate part is that not all the various tunes have full definition files or logging files which can make it difficult to work with.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Ok. The next question would be, is the data I have already done be void because I used the wrong .bin and .xdf or can I change those in tunerpro and rerun the data? I hope I'm not trying your patience too much with all of these questions.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I'm not the expert on comparability of the different tunes and definitions. The1 who created the Enhanced tunes will be able to give a more definitive answer but there are definitely some things in the enhanced tunes that are different to the factory stock tunes.

No problem, we all have to start somewhere. Ideally you'd want to start of with the enhanced tune as these are the most well defined tunes for these engines and have the best support as that is what most of us are using.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Ok thank you for your time, I think I'm gonna call it a night. Tomorrow I will load the correct .bin and .xdf for CXAJ and go for a ride and do some more logging. Cheers
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Today I changed the BIN and XDF but it made no difference to the data I collected. Still runs pig rich in the 800mv to 900mv range even though the STFT and the LTFT are showing -21.88. The O2mv will eventually fall to 4mv when I'm on the freeway or holding a steady TP for a certain amount of time. If I change TP the O2 sensors will jump up to the 800 to 900 range again, but will fall back down to 4mv if I keep a steady pace. I don't know what else to look at in the data to help figure this out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
immortality

Post by immortality »

You will need to wait and see what The1 says about the .ADX file.

Try running it with the VS SS MAF. I don't like the remanufactured MAF. Never heard of it. All they need is a clean, they shouldn't be dicking around with the electronics at all.

When cruising on the motorway the engine goes into lean cruise mode so seeing a change in O2 sensor readings (going leaner) is what I would expect.

Is engine engine ECT coming up to full operating temp?