1934 Chevrolet Tudor

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Gampy

Re: 1934 Chevrolet Tudor

Post by Gampy »

v6bucket wrote:both BSP & NPT are available in tapered or parallel thread forms.
Then it's NOT NTP, NPT is tapered, NPS is straight!
I suspect BSP is similar, though do not know for sure, it's not something I've machined or used on a regular basis ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Quick read yes that's the case. BSPT and G. G thread is standard in computers for water cooling so I am very familiar with that. But when people refer to BSP they almost always are referring the the tapered variant.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Anyway, kinda feel responsible here...

derailed.png
derailed.png (273.27 KiB) Viewed 2881 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

vlad01 wrote:Anyway, kinda feel responsible here...
You're not to blame, I'm the one that stuck his nose in where it should not have been stuck, I should of just let,
vlad01 wrote:And the outside was what ever imperial thread it happened to be but tapered
go ...

Unfortunately it's not my nature to do so ... You see, I'm a boomer (baby boomer), I was raised by silent types in the silent era, I've seen so much knowledge, skill, talent go to the grave it makes me sick!

Obviously I'm not the silent type, IMO silence (or pretending not to know) hurts the community, communities make up the world!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Sometimes it's a bit hard with no many standards, especially ones that aren't commonly used in your country.

Sometimes you think you know them all and then you work on some heap of shit English bike and discover something called whitworth that makes no sense. I get that same response talking to a lot of Americans when it comes to metric too.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

vlad01 wrote:Sometimes it's a bit hard with no many standards, especially ones that aren't commonly used in your country.
Amen!

Ok, I'll not do derail #2 over Control Freak Manufacturer's worthless proprietary techniques ... Like Apples Lighting connector!
vlad01 wrote:Sometimes you think you know them all and then you work on some heap of shit English bike and discover something called whitworth that makes no sense. I get that same response talking to a lot of Americans when it comes to metric too.
And I'll just say, As I do with Aussies over Imperial ... ;)

vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Although I agree proprietary standards are annoying when they are locked to the manufacture and not made open source, but I think there are a lot of good proprietary standards. Apple's lightning connector in my eyes is one of the better ones and I wish it was the standard on all phones as USB derived connectors never have been suitable for phones due to lacking the mechanical durability that phones require, in fact the lightning connector is the only one I have outlast the phone itself on multiple phones. I keep my phones for 4-6 years until they break catastrophically in some way, never once had a lightning connector fail in that time. Still have my original cable from 2015 in my work car. My partner is scared it will burn my car down it's that damaged but it still works perfect. :lol:
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I cannot unplug Lighting connections, I have to use pliers, they are small and smooth, I cannot grip them!

I have little problems with others ...

34EV1L
cars: 1934 Chev Tudor Street Rod - with Ecotec!!

Post by 34EV1L »

Geez turn away for a day :wtf:

Anyway back on topic. Radiator coming along nicely.

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

custom alloy rad to match the original ?