NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: 1934 Chevrolet Tudor

Post by Charlescrown »

Looks like copper and brass to me.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Welp, if the copper core is truly pure copper then technically it's a metal alloy radiator ... :P

Copper is a pure metal, brass is a copper zinc alloy! :thumbup:
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
34EV1L
cars: 1934 Chev Tudor Street Rod - with Ecotec!!

Post by 34EV1L »

Holden202T wrote:custom alloy rad to match the original ?
Charlescrown wrote:Looks like copper and brass to me.
Yes traditional copper and brass set up. Far more durable. The old top tank is an original 1934 but finally bulged out and was springing leaks around the seam.

It's a 5 row set up now ... in case I want to up the HP later on.

Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sweet! :thumbup:

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
34EV1L

Post by 34EV1L »

Finally back on the road and noticed the car starts better with the VN coolant temp sensor (used to stall on first fire). The idle seems a little lower?? Plus seems to suck a bit more air in and lost a bit of take off poke.

I was going to do the ECM mods and install the NVRAM this week but a friend who has had this go wrong before recommended I buy another ECM. That way if it doesn’t work (or I stuff it up), I’m not off the road for long and go back to the original set up.

Good idea or waste of money?? If I follow instructions all will work fine?

Appreciate the groups opinion and also if someone has a cheap 808 they want to offload.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Personally, I would NEVER modify my original electronic hardware ... I always modify spares!

Gotta CYA, things can and do happen we humans do not expect!

Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah id recommend having a spare anyways .... if your just fitting a usb comms interface then its a very low risk mod so i wouldnt expect youd have any issues, but like i said i would have a spare regardless just because these ecu's are getting old now.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

They are getting expensive now too. I would try those wreckers that let you help yourself as they often have fixed prices for ECUs and are often reasonable. I got most of mine by wrecking cars in the past so I have a few spares to hopefully last me for all the cars I have.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
34EV1L

Post by 34EV1L »

Thanks guys. bought a used one on eBay, just waiting for post - could take a while on the east coast.

The good news is I've been busy working on it all week as while the radiator was being fitted, they forgot to isolate the battery and burnt out the airbag compressor...

Then when I fixed that the negative terminal snapped off my Optima battery.
34EV1L

Post by 34EV1L »

OK, new ECM in and running fine so modded the original 808 and mounted the comms board today.

Have to perform a few more space saving mods to allow the cable connection as a bit tight for real eatate in hot rods. I've already got air con and braking system behind the dash.

One quick question, is it better to run the VN memcal on the NVRAM for limp mode or leave it out and keep the jumpers set for a 6 cyl?