OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

DethRattles wrote: I downloaded the tech2 win from your site but tech2win is blank when it comes to choose interface..what should i do? running windows 11, my dxdiag nano worked with it but i'm planning on selling it if tech2win works. Also obdxexplorer closes out when i choose Fahrenheit in engine coolant live data and hit start.
If you have installed the correct installer for obdx pro, then you should see it appear.

VX diag may have changed or done something to your system which is causing the OBDX Pro to not appear.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Tazzi wrote:
DethRattles wrote: I downloaded the tech2 win from your site but tech2win is blank when it comes to choose interface..what should i do? running windows 11, my dxdiag nano worked with it but i'm planning on selling it if tech2win works. Also obdxexplorer closes out when i choose Fahrenheit in engine coolant live data and hit start.
If you have installed the correct installer for obdx pro, then you should see it appear.

VX diag may have changed or done something to your system which is causing the OBDX Pro to not appear.
Hi all,

Others have had problems getting GM tools to play nice with the NANO's dll loaded.
Perhaps this is having a similar problem?
If I remember correctly, the "solution" was to uninstall the VXDIAG driver to remove the dll conflict.

Mike
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

I use gds2 and tech2win with my nano without problem. I have had tech2win freeze or crash before while using it, but it's infrequent. Never had a problem with gds2. I'm using the version from vxdiag website for both and they are installed directly on windows 10, no VM.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Cincinnatus wrote:I use gds2 and tech2win with my nano without problem. I have had tech2win freeze or crash before while using it, but it's infrequent. Never had a problem with gds2. I'm using the version from vxdiag website for both and they are installed directly on windows 10, no VM.
Ok so no problem running the APPS with the Nano.
What I was referring to was using another piece of HARDWARE - such as the GM MDI - while the Nano is also installed.
Seems there was a conflict between the .dll for the MDI and the .dll for the Nano.
He may be experiencing a similar conflict with the OBDXPro .dll installed with the Nano .dll.
Might have to uninstall the Nano driver to get the OBDXPro to function correctly.

Mike
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

AI really is everyones best friend right now.
There is very minimal examples on the web to properly deal with what I am trying to do in regards to creating a socket. Along with all the little variances needed to make objective C happy... so.. in comes chatgpt.

Using very simple requests, I have made it create the following:
- create a socket connection which then sets up its own event handler and opens the connection
- Loads any received data from the event into a queue.
- Add a function which can read this queue data and return as a byte array
- Add a function which write a string to the socket
- Add a function which checks if the socket connection is open
- Convert the functions into a class which h and m files

The time it takes for me to learn that native language and create this could have been an entire day or more. This was done in a few minutes.
I genuinely could create and entire demo application for iOS and Android using native IDEs with just using chatgpt, and quite frankly, I likely will do exactly that for native examples. :lol:

Assuming I don't mess up anything on the importing side, this should hopefully compile and expose these commands from the DLL to start proper testing.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Does it work though? I've been getting good results with specific detailed questions, but in my tests it falls apart when it tries to bring it together. The code looks fine, but has logic holes that can take longer to debug than to write it yourself. But it is great for template code to cut down your time like your specific questions would have created. Its like having a good but still fallible subject matter expert right next to you with you while you work, to whom you can ask questions.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:Does it work though? I've been getting good results with specific detailed questions, but in my tests it falls apart when it tries to bring it together. The code looks fine, but has logic holes that can take longer to debug than to write it yourself. But it is great for template code to cut down your time like your specific questions would have created. Its like having a good but still fallible subject matter expert right next to you with you while you work, to whom you can ask questions.
Yep, works perfectly! Actually kinda amazed how quick it was to do.
Iv used chatgpt for small tasks, but this was something that was quite complex, and was able to implement it exactly.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Of course this was just too simple.
So the examples I have been running are specifically for XAMARIN. So the produced DLL will only work in XAMARIN appliations.

We want it to work in MAUI. The same process should apply, whereby we use the compiled library ios (.a) then create a new windows Binding library for iOS.
But.. it doesn't want to play nicely.

For whatever reason, it does not recognise any iOS specific items such as NSObject, NSString which prevents compiling.

Even trying to compile a project made by someone else (https://github.com/drasticactions/WebP. ... Touch-net6) also fails.
So Im putting this down to a windows issue at this second, and going to have to open new problem yet again. This time they should be able to replicate it on their side happily.
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Post by DethRattles »

I hate hijacking your thread with the issue i'm having but should i choose obdx from the drop down menu when tech2win boots up? With vxdiag i'm supposed to choose mdi even though a vxdiag is in the list. Any idea if i could get tis2000 installed with obdx pro vt? I've tried both windows xp and 7 in virtual machine for the vxdiag and cant seem to get either to work. Windows 7 won't give me a list of .dll in a drop down under configuration/io/driver/browse...only folders. Windows xp allowed it but did something different there after.

I'm also glad you tried chatgpt to get some code going. I mentioned it a week back to someone on here and figured it would help in getting the p04's up and running.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

I had no idea what’s needed for a vxdiag. They mess with a bunch of different things so it’s best not trying to use multiple tools if you’re installing anything vxdiag nano related.

As for OBDX with tis2000. I personally have not tested, but have had other customers indicate they have used an OBDX with tis2000 on a windows7 machine. I do not have any information about how they are running tis2000 or how they installed it.

For OBDX tools, you only have to install the OBDX tool j2534 api driver for it to be installed onto that computer.