Help OSEPlugin not found

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
71chevyC10
cars: Vr commodore
71 C10
72 LJ torana

Help OSEPlugin not found

Post by 71chevyC10 »

Hello all
Loking for some help new to tuning with a NAVRAM and tunerpro i have a 1998 series 2 VS V8 Statesman.
I have fitted the navram to my ECU as per the instructions including the pumper wire on the board. I had the RW jumper not set and the car starts and runs. Then set it to on.

I have downloaded tuner pro RT V5 but cant get it to connect I keep getting this message

Could Not Detect ECM/PCM
Things to check
OSEPlugin Com port settings
OSEPlugin echo setting
OSEPlugin Vehicle type Setting
Your Physical connection
Your vehicle ignition is on
Your vehicle has a PCMHacking.net NAVRAM installed
The Navram contains compatible code

I have downloaded OSE Plugin 1.80 it is saved in documents/Tunerpro/plugins.
I have set my preferences data acq/em
Interface type: use plug in
Data acq I/O to OSEPlugin v1.80
Same for emulation
I have configured my Serial coms port COM7
Calibration area : Read
Vehicle type: other
Have tried cable echo checked and unchecked
The cable is pluged into my car under the dash
The ignition is turned on ( Car is not running)
I assume have the NAVRAM installed properly as the car starts and runs.
The NAVRAM would have come with the correct files already loaded onto it for my car.

Any help is much appreciated i know its probably something silly but just dont know what to try next
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Help OSEPlugin not found

Post by antus »

It all sounds right. Can you can get any data out of the car at all? With or without the NVRAM? Im thinking wiring problem with the OBD port maybe? Or something to do with the ALDL interface? Keep the RW jumper off until you have a good starting point for protection.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
71chevyC10
71 C10
72 LJ torana

Post by 71chevyC10 »

Hello
Thanks for the reply I will check the wiring over the weekend.
Where would I find a wiring diagram for my car?

One other thing I have checked I went into Tunerpro preferences and did a test for valid interface it coming up as cable not found or functioning, but it is showing up in the device manager when I plug it in and unplug it my computer also pings to say that it has been plugged in or out. What are the chances that my ALDL is Faulty I bought it off the forum last year but this is the first time I have tried to use it? I have uninstalled and reinstalled Turner pro I have uninstalled and reinstalled the serial port driver and made sure it is upto date uninstalled and reinstalled the OSE Plugin.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Its unlikely to be faulty the pcmhacking ones are good quality and they're tested before theyre sent out. Im not sure about the tunerpro cable test, I cant say for sure if that is expected to pass or not. Maybe someone else will know.

https://obdsolaris.com/wp-content/uploa ... 9x1024.jpg

These are the OBD2 pinouts. You need the battery, ground, and pin 9 'vendor option' which is ALDL.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
71chevyC10
71 C10
72 LJ torana

Post by 71chevyC10 »

Hello
I have checked the wiring to the OBD plug all good. Also I hooked my G-scan up to the car and can get Realtime data out of the ECU.
I think this is leading to believe that my cable or plug my be faulty. Is there any special software that I need to download to run the cable and plug?

Also just to make sure I'm doing it correctly the NAVRAM I Have is loaded with 11p
I have downloaded the 11P V104 file Below are the files that I'm choosing can someone let me know if I'm correct
Bin File: OSE_$11P V104 BLCC V8.BIN
XDF File: OSE_$11P V104
ADX File: OSE_$11P V104 1Bar.adx

Antus as for the cable test I got that from one of the guides in the FAQ Thread not sure it is relevant any more.

Thanks for the help so far starting to do my head in :comp:
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Please try a substitute USB cable
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
71chevyC10
71 C10
72 LJ torana

Post by 71chevyC10 »

Tried new cable still no good I even got another computer and tried no good.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Can you try unplugging your BCM? The VS combination is not used very often and I am not sure if oseplugin needs to silence the chatter on that model. Unplugging the BCM will temporarily will silence the BCM it in hardware. If it works like that confirming it is a problem with BCM chatter trying plugging it back in and setting VT as vehicle type to see if treating it the same as a VT works.
71chevyC10
71 C10
72 LJ torana

Post by 71chevyC10 »

Hey Antus
Unplugged BCM still no good.
Not sure if this will help out but without even being plugged into the car if I open tunerpro with the ALDL plugged into the laptop I get the error message from my first post OSEPlugin Connection Problem . This is the same with both laptops.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

By default it scans for the car when you start tunerpro. You can turn this off in tools->preferences->data acq/emulation->Detect Hardware At Startup. It should still connect if everything is connected and configured and the ignition is on. Otherwise, turn the ignition on after TP has started and then click "initialise emulation hardware" which is the icon that looks like an old school printer port.

If its on com7 another test you can do is without the car connected, download and run https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/la ... /putty.exe .
Change the radio buttons from SSH to Serial, and change Serial Line to COM7. You can leave speed at 9600 or change it to 8192 (which is ALDL). Either way if now hit open and type some keys you should see them coming up on the screen. This means the data is getting as far as the ALDL pin on the interface and the echo (which is what you can see) is coming back to the pc, so the problem is car side. If you dont see anything back then the problem is configuration, PC other software or interface related.

You will need to be out of tunerpro when you do this as it may have a lock on the COM port and be blocking the test.