Holden202T

Re: VN Production Saloon

Post by Holden202T »

shes looking nice mate, good work!
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

:wall: I was working on the car with a helper right up until it had to go on the trailer and get to the track. Flew through scrutineering with a few positive comments which was nice. Back at our pit the missus wiped thr car over with baby oil (really helps stop the dirt sticking) set my tyre pressures, gassed up & soaked up the atmosphere. Fourteen cars in my class for the meeting, three other rear wheel drives, my mates VL 13g, a new driver (actually a stockcar driver) in a BMW and a R32 Skyline with a very experienced owner/driver in it.
This season we have two new trophys up for grabs, one each for Front & Rear wheel drives so its going to be interesting, theres a proviso that trips to the tower & penaltys applied will lose you marks towards these new trophys so i might have to pull my head in a bit :roll: Also a new grid system - pull a marble for the first race which will get you your second grid off a table, then points from the two main races get you your feature grid position.
Main1: Grid lucky 13;
No complaints starting at the back considering the car hadn't done a lap yet. Got through the pit gate - waited till i had it pointed at the back straight and wound it up :driving: the beast just wanted to go and felt really good and stable and went round 3&4 smoothly on the formation lap :?:
A gap appeared between a couple of cars in front of me when the light went green and i just slammed the pedal down and it hooked up and shot through unscathed - :director: HELL YES I HAVE A RACE CAR :punk: the car was a bit loose but the surface wasn't very good, on the fourth or fifth lap i was going a bit hard coming out of turn four and thought here we go again but i only glanced the wall, :wall:
049 (800x600).jpg
049 (800x600).jpg (229.64 KiB) Viewed 4457 times
so much for taking it easy till i get the new chassis sorted.
Managed to avoid and more damage that race, had a few good battles and several moments where i had to take evasive action to avoid banging into other cars not aware of me coming through ( i hope thats true ) and finished sixth or seventh, happy enough with that.
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

Main2: Grid 7;
The grid draw was definitely not in my favour, lost a few spots and passed a few cars. I had an epic battle for several laps with the Skyline, the car was pretty good for most of the race but started 'going away' from me towards the end, squirming around and sliding more, tyre pressure adjustments should help but i really need a couple of new tyres. Finished sixth

Feature: Grid 6;
Reverse grid - most points starting last, least points on pole = recipe for disaster.
Another big battle with the Skyline, exchanged a couple of smudges again and came out on top again, last lap i got tagged by a new driver in 17g V6MazdaEunos taking a wild lunge which had me weaving around a bit as the handling 'going away was worse this time with a few more laps in the race but i hung on and finished sixth ....again
Rubs
048 (800x600).jpg
048 (800x600).jpg (266.89 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
050 (800x600).jpg
050 (800x600).jpg (284.1 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
052 (800x600).jpg
052 (800x600).jpg (235.98 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
Wild lunge - Hit
053 (800x600).jpg
053 (800x600).jpg (254.86 KiB) Viewed 4454 times
A bit gutted at having to break out hammer/dolly/welder/paint to fix someone elses mistake but thats speedway and at the end of the night when i just drove the car onto the trailer all in all it was a successful first outing when i compare it to some past opening meetings and the resultant carnage.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you still had the old car you wouldn't have been hit once :P
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

Holden202T wrote:if you still had the old car you wouldn't have been hit once :P
:lol: :thumbup: past seasons with it i'd have been pulling the chassis
only getting hit once aint too bad,
the marks on the corners of the front bumper and the left front door are from close racing, the tyre mark on the door is fron the back edge of the right front of the skyline - beautiful considering we did laps side by side sometimes in traffic