MAF Scaler Limits

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jmsmotorsport
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

MAF Scaler Limits

Post by jmsmotorsport »

I’m having dramas with a Flash VY Enhanced tune. The engine wants more fuel but the MAF scaler table caps out and it’s giving me a big wave in my AFRs as the end of the Scaler needs to be higher and then when it moves into the next table the start of the next one is the amount it requires. Is there a way to increase the highest number that can be input per MAF scaler table?
jmsmotorsport

Re: MAF Scaler Limits

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Edited not relevant
Last edited by jmsmotorsport on Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Are you maxing out the hz or maxing out the airflow? Are you running the enhanced operating system? What type of maf is fitted? How much boost are you running? I believe the extended operating system range is enough for most sensors. If you have that operating system you may need a larger maf to have lower hz for the airflow.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jmsmotorsport

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Antus - I have checked some logs looks as thou the MAF frequency is where it should be. I’m running the enhanced VY OS - strange thing is it’s NA with a decent cam and head work. Factory intake, tube and MAF. I’m maxing out the Airflow. So in Table 6 It wants to be higher but it caps out at 127.01 Grams Second and as it moves into Table 7 at 8192hz it is at 168.66 GS and at this transition the fueling becomes close to desired.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Are you using the MAF calculator spreadsheet in "INJ Multi - MAF Tables - EOI Calc.zip" here? viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jmsmotorsport

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Nope I hadn’t seen that one. I will give that a shot.
jmsmotorsport

Post by jmsmotorsport »

I just noticed the tables don’t align with the tune file? All good got that fixed. I’m curious how this helps me with the table not going to the number I need? Sorry for the stupid questions
Last edited by jmsmotorsport on Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

How so?
Note the point about only change values in red. The first value in the next table each time is black. That needs to match the last in the table before it, that is why it is black, and in the spreadsheet its a copy from the previous cell.

Copy/paste you starting table in the to starting table data if you have a tune half completed and thats your starting point you need to correct. In my screen shot its the stock table, extended by the enhanced mod.
Attachments
vy enhanced and maf scaler spreadsheet.PNG
jmsmotorsport

Post by jmsmotorsport »

I was looking at the MAF scaler tables? The tune starts at 2048 and the Calculator starts at 1890?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Its black magic. I think the only people who fully understands it is yoda and the1. Trust the spread sheet. Copy paste the table in so the starting table point and use it to apply offsets. There is a lot going on, this is the simplest and only practical way to handle how its implemented internally.