Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 bytes 4

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
Gampy

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by Gampy »

DethRattles wrote:
Gampy wrote:Whip out your wand and get it done!

-Enjoy
I think you're the one with a wand after everything you've done for me.... you actually wrote a p04 bin!
No, it Read the PCM and wrote the file.
That's called a Read!
A Write is when the file gets written to the PCM.

That is not the first time it's been done, I gave up on the P04 because it's a POS!
Read this: V6 ability for pcm hammer..

If I had a wand, I would wave it over my lungs ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Post by DethRattles »

my tech2win started screwing up saying it couldnt connect, so i hooked my otc genisys touch and auto vinned it. it shows up with the new vin but still calls this car an se. so i think the se bcm is causing that...i got a b2965 key in ignition open circuit issue now too
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Gampy wrote:
DethRattles wrote:
Gampy wrote:Whip out your wand and get it done!

-Enjoy
I think you're the one with a wand after everything you've done for me.... you actually wrote a p04 bin!
No, it Read the PCM and wrote the file.
That's called a Read!
A Write is when the file gets written to the PCM.

That is not the first time it's been done, I gave up on the P04 because it's a POS!
Read this: V6 ability for pcm hammer..

If I had a wand, I would wave it over my lungs ...

-Enjoy
sorry read...misspoke
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

there is a password shared amongst the bcm to the pcm,,,so changing the vin does nothing..i have to find the password..found this pdf about it. not sure if sps through gm can change the password.
Attachments
2007-12-29_025620_2000-Tahoe-P1631-Debug.pdf
(86.23 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

No problem, I realize you are relatively new to this stuff, that is why I clarified, just trying to help you grow in this arena, that's all.

I suspect sps is the only way to re-pair them (if that is what it's called), there may be other ways, I do not know. Hopefully some one will join in here shortly.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Gampy wrote:No problem, I realize you are relatively new to this stuff, that is why I clarified, just trying to help you grow in this arena, that's all.

I suspect sps is the only way to re-pair them (if that is what it's called), there may be other ways, I do not know. Hopefully some one will join in here shortly.

-Enjoy
I'm gonna make mistakes,,,im wondering if its not the bcm telling my scanner that its not a gt even though the pcm is...maybe its the vin number? maybe pcm have label or code inside that says what it is based on the vin...i really wish someone could read my bin and compare it to an se...i can read the se bin if you give me one more experimental with its osid? im not capable of it since im so new to compare them. but what i plan to do is just swap the chip in the bcm from my gt one and change the vin back to the original. Does anyone know how to compare two bin files easily? im trying a relearn here https://moduleexperts.com/gm-security-r ... procedure/ my cay has the cylinder one...im also wondering if i install that resistor if it mattered. theres a work around with the car not being able to start due to the cylinder fucking up from heavy keys...put a 2.2k ohm resistor inline to the bcm fixes that but i dont think my case has anything to do with that.
DWS
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.

Post by DWS »

We talked a bit in PM's but there's another solution for the BDM issue, but it requires writing to the flash chip in the engine computer. Universal patcher, set all 3 security items that come up to 0 if I remember right, and it will run the engine with no BCM at all. Of course the trick is getting the ability to write, I currently don't have a setup for these computers since I switched over to Linux. This is what the demo derby guy's do effectively through HP Tuners though so the car can be ran with just engine computer + their modified engine harness. FYI, some computers come up with less info than others. I've had at least one that had very little detected but that was around a year ago too.

Any hacks to "bypass" the security isn't really bypassing it, it's just making the BCM/PCM see something that meets a requirement. The above setup makes it so it's not even looking for a key at all. Of course this is a minor reduction is security as in the car is easier to steal, but I suspect that's not top priority.

Also I think the best route to get you up and going is to get a matching BCM and PCM from a similar/same car as a matching set (needs same features and engine, emissions ideally etc). Swap both into your car at the same time and they will already be synced. The key value is about a 1 in 14 chance of being right already, if not there's a GM key relearn process. I'm pretty sure the key is read through the BCM which is why it's part of the security system.

I don't follow the prices super close, but one of the demo derby tuners could disable the security in the engine computer so it won't need the BCM to run, but I don't know what the side effects would be of that. I think Their tuning service runs around $175 for the couple I talk to but prices always change and such too.
Ford EEC-V Bin Converter (bank swapping and padding): viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8342
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Well i just finished with my front hubs and rotors since the abs speed sensor is included in the hub and changed the vin of the gt one back to how it was supposed to be. Installed my se(not gt) pcm/bcm and took it for a ride...i dont think the settings are any different between the se and the gt. The car hauls ass like it did before...and the abs is working. Only problem is at cold the level of coolant is down and if i raise it then it overflows. Temps stay where their suppose to so i think my issues might be over with everything....why do i feel as if some people might be happy about that?? I'll get that p04 to write a tuned bin one day...i just really want my scan tool to call it as it is... a G fuckin T :punk:
DWS
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.

Post by DWS »

Don't really know much about the GT's, but of my understanding, all of the 3100/3400 engines are effectively the same, just the 3400 is larger displacement of course.

From google results
A 170-hp, 3.4-liter V-6 engine is standard in the SE2 and optional in the SE1. A 175-hp Ram Air V-6 with cold-air induction and a lower-restriction exhaust system goes into the GT and GT1 and teams only with the automatic transmission.
so there's 5hp difference, probably so little difference in the tune you'd never feel it.

I'm a bit of a Toyota fanboy, but the 1MZ 3.0L camry engine (not a sports car at all) puts out around 190hp and is quite a lot smaller engine, 6 bolt main, 10.5:1 compression =).

For the coolant thing, sounds like it needs to be burped and get the air out of the system.

Scanners read things differently, normally you have to tell it the vin digits and then it picks that stuff up for trim and such. Pretty sure it's just reading the vin number in the computer to flag it as a GT or not. In the computers I've been into, there's only 1 location the VIN was stored.

Fun little side fact, the older Grand Am's from the early 90's with the quad 4 2.3L 4cyl engine had an option for a high output that made 180hp, more than that 3.4L and a whole lot smaller. Those things zipped around pretty nice with the standard engine in them (160hp if I remember right). Trim names are basically just marketing jargon, just something to extract more money out of the buyer in some cases. Like Toyota is guilty as well with their "American Edition" aka base mode car with a dealer installed security system.

Anyway, not trying to bash your car or anything, just I'm not really impressed with GM's, even the newer 3.5L doesn't make that much more power (200hp). That's more of the American way though, make the engine bigger and that's the cheap/easy way to make more power. Power scales with displacement lineally, aka that 2.3L 180hp engine scaled to a 3.4L would be 266hp if all else was equal. Less power generally means more reliable, so fair chances that's why they don't push the power too much.
Ford EEC-V Bin Converter (bank swapping and padding): viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8342
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Yeah the whole badging thing messed me up because a junkyard nearby had a grand am that said v6HO badges everywhere....it was before they called them ram air...my gt has ram air. I was looking at those badges though thinking they were special,specialized one of a kind. it was only an inbetween. i woudnt mind those badges.

the coolant hs been burped so many times now,,,im thinking the worst. could be a cylinder head gasket leak into a cylinder. The oil looks fine, temps stay perfect but that coolant always shoots out after a drive. and the coolant is way below the cold level when its hot. I'm thinking about drilling the thermostat. It maight help, i just wished the engineers thought about exhaust placement because a special U shaped tool is needed to remove the thermostat...its a bitch and almost a 2 hour job(im exaggerating a lil, but not that much).

Its new reservoir bottle too, previous owner stripped the cap...bought a junkyard one and it was cracked. the radiator fans werent kicking on so the previous owner ran the ac for the fans to kick on. overheating ws an issue before but i settled that...i just think the gasket is bad which is a 5 hour and lots of broken bolt job.

And those cars pushing 190 is crazy,,,even the old grand am ...i had no idea. Its definitely nice to meet you, you have a wealth of knowledge. I know fireworks -how to build make rockets/mortars/sparklers/fountains,,,you get the hint. I know rc heli's planes' that arduino uno i used for my daughters chucky doll's eyes. i put servos to make them move back and forth. I did flash and tune a volvo 850r ecu for my 850 t5. it was when tunerpro rt was free cause i dont remember buying it. the write up i posted about. https://m44.fandom.com/wiki/M44_Wiki So i know tuning through thaat old app,,,just wish my old laptop would turn on so i had access to it.