Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 bytes 4

American Delco GM ECUs and PCMs, ALDL, OBD 1.5.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Having trouble with writing ,,supposed to get keys 6 byt

Post by antus »

can't be tuned and written?
Correct. If you have an XDF or what you need is in universal patcher you can tune the file, but there is no free write tool. Pcmhammer does not support the P04 pcm, you are playing with a development version that is not finished. It currently supports P01/P59/P10/P12. P04 is a work in progress, and there is no ETA.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

antus wrote:
Correct. If you have an XDF or what you need is in universal patcher you can tune the file, but there is no free write tool. Pcmhammer does not support the P04 pcm, you are playing with a development version that is not finished. It currently supports P01/P59/P10/P12. P04 is a work in progress, and there is no ETA.
So maybe this weekend? :lol:
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

DethRattles wrote:So this bin file I have from PCMhammer which looks fine in hptuner and in universal patcher can't be tuned and written? My bin file looks great it's just the validation part that didn't work. I can try to write the vin in there if I knew how. I do have a tech2win with this vcx nano and can get a acdelco subscription to might be able to change the vin? Idk...some of these vins are locked in and only way to change is to remove them and reprogram. Take a look at that bin file...I don't see anything wrong with it...and I suppose I'm willing to brick a PCM.
You can tune it within universal patcher. The OS is fully supported from tinytuner database, and have over 600 table ready for tuning.
However you need to find a way how to write back the file in pcm.
zack4200
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Post by zack4200 »

antus wrote:

LS Droid is free and has p04 write, but it only supports the OBDXPro VT
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Post by DethRattles »

I keep hearing of ai being able to write code...maybe its time to go that route on pcmhammer?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

DethRattles wrote:I keep hearing of ai being able to write code...maybe its time to go that route on pcmhammer?
And what route is that ??

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Gampy wrote:
DethRattles wrote:I keep hearing of ai being able to write code...maybe its time to go that route on pcmhammer?
And what route is that ??

-Enjoy
To have artificial intelligence write the software needed for pcmhammer. Its worth a shot if someone on this board knows the route that needs to be taken. I just suggested a virtual car that our pcms hook up to so that we can test tunes without hurting the actual vehicle.

Also...is there a risk of bricking my gt pcm by changing the vin? has there been any known issues and do you think it would finally solve my bcm issue swap?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Whip out your wand and get it done!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Gampy wrote:Whip out your wand and get it done!

-Enjoy
I think you're the one with a wand after everything you've done for me.... you actually wrote a p04 bin!
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Gampy wrote:As Antus stated, PcmHammer will change the VIN and with the PCM in the car ...

From the Tools menu, Select: Change VIN
Enter your new VIN, Select: Ok
If it accepts the new VIN, turn off the ignition leaving the battery hooked up for ~1 minute.
Turn ignition on, open PcmHammer and verify it changed by selecting the Read Properties button.

TIP: You are not making friends by cross posting!

-Enjoy

Well the vin change was successful but the car wont crank and the security light is on...im thinking one last thing and to put that resistor inline with the bcm...its not even trying ...im gonna read the codes if there is any first.

P1631 theft deterrent fuel enable signal not correct