LS1 Boost OS V3

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Re: LS1 Boost OS V3

Post by bubba2533 »

gilius wrote: I don't mind making a sufficient contribution to Patreon to encourage this happening. It's sorely needed. Imo it's indespensible to be monitoring both banks on wideband, especially considering that alot of racers are monitoring each cylinder independently with highly custom equipment. In that regard, two bank monitoring is a relatively basic requirement that is possible with available hardware. I find it fascinating that the stock computer can be made to do this; it seems reminiscent of the numerous advantages that open source code and approach has brought to the masses.
To be able to add dual wideband support I think more people would have to be interested. There are other features that I think more people will use that should get priority over that. Not saying it won't ever happen, but it's just not at the top of the list.
gilius wrote: I should be more specific. In the P01 you have this kind of fuel table:

In the P59 you have this kind of fuel table:

The P01 is a non flex fuel table. The P59 is what I think of as a flex fuel table. Resolution is the problem; P59 has 15 to 100 kPa, but the P01 has 5k increments all the way to 220k, then the increments start going to 10's. Sloppy Mechanics calls this a fantastic amount of resolution. Comparing the P59 table to the P01, Sloppy notes that this is essentially 1/3rd of the resolution.

With higher capacity injectors, (1650cc in my case) and speed density tuning data being crushed down to 1/3rd of the resolution that it could be at, you run into problems. Sloppy has run tests on this and the best thing to do here is probably let him describe his own analysis:

https://youtu.be/pPDkrnxaMVc
gilius wrote:Looks like I'm late to the party. I joined a few weeks back and yesterday started going over the Boost OS dev thread. If I am understanding things correctly, the fuel (aka VE) table problem was already fixed a while back?
As for the fuel table, that has nothing to do with flex fuel. That's the VE table, which I already have 2 bar and 4 bar versions available in my Boost OS. The 2 Bar table as 5 kPa per row increments and the 4 Bar table has 10 kPa per row increments, so it's a trade off of resolution vs scale.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.