Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: Delco FlashTool V1.51

Post by Tazzi »

j_ds_au wrote:OK, I've now had a couple of goes at reading my bin. After selecting VS Eco in Vehicle with ALDL-USB interface, I had to check the "Ignore Echo" option (not sure why that wouldn't be default) and uncheck the Disable Chatter options (often there isn't a reply to these commands for some reason, and so everything comes to a stop).
After selecting vs eco in car with ALDL cable. All settings seem to set fine here?
delcopreferences.PNG
delcopreferences.PNG (24.38 KiB) Viewed 5997 times
The main application also loads fine on a windows 8 default theme.

What windows are you using? Your screen looks like you have disabled all "visual" affects (task bar and start button are old school). This may have an affect on how the application displays if trying to render it. I can see in your application that even the boarders of the program dont display on the sides or the bottom. Can you change your theme.. or open up visual and performance and try changing some settings?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

j_ds_au: I have sent you a PM with a beta version, it has a resizable main screen so hopefully can drag the bottom to view everything now.

I have not been able to recreate the problem you have . I dont have Vista, but at any resolution in XP and Win7 (with and without themes) its the same size and all of the text is viewable. Hopefully being resizable fixes it! Also means for those on larger resolution screens can have a larger detailed info text box as it resizes to fill the available room.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I believe the screen dpi is what affects it. I had the problen on my laptop with higher dpi setting but i like microscopic text so i changed it back to nornal and the flashtool problem webt away too.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

@ Tazzi :

Well, I can't explain the Echo setting! Trying from scratch again, this gets set correctly, yet when I first started, my first error message said something like "I've detected echo, so you should fix this in the settings". It's a mystery.

As for the Disable Chatter options, these I had to uncheck because often there was no response to the command(s), so everything came to a stop. I did them both, although it's possible only one may have been causing a problem.

Finally with the display problem, I tried different resolutions, the standard (Aero?) theme instead of Classic, disabling themes in the program's compatibility properties, nothing made any difference.

@ VL400 :

Thank you for the 1.52 beta!

Since I'm away from my Vista laptop at the moment, I thought I'd try things out on my W7 desktop (native monitor resolution is 1920x1080, if that's relevant). Lo and behold, exactly the same problem as with the Vista laptop!

Then I tried the 1.52 beta. The starting window looked kinda wierd, more truncated than previously. I could stretch it vertically to overcome the original truncation at the bottom, however, it's now also truncated at the right, so I need to be able to stretch it in that direction too. Looks promising!

1.52 beta startup :

1.52 beta after stretching :

Joe.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Occuring on both vista.. and a win7 laptop. Has to be something with your text size/image scaling or similar.

Try holding "CTRL" and "scroll out" on your mouse on your main desktop screen.. assuming you use a mouse. This should shrink all the icons and such. Try opening OSE after that. (Just trying to think of anything at the moment!)
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

check your DPI setting. control panel > display. default is small. if you have it set to medium or large then I believe that is what causes the issue. I had the same issue on my laptop as it came set to medium from factory.... I set it back to small and the problem went away.
DPI.PNG
DPI.PNG (19.5 KiB) Viewed 5938 times
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Thats exactly it Jayme, have sent j_ds_au another version to try that scales ok on my PC with various zoom levels.

The issue was the way I was handling the show/hide detailed info option. Now rather than having fixed sizes it lets windows do the scaling based on DPI when the program loads. From there I can modify the display to show/hide the detailed info based on a multiplier of the now scaled form size. Hopefully that fixes it for anyone else also using modified display DPIs for high res screens.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

@ Jayme :

Spot on! Changing my DPI settings to myopic allowed the 1.51 Flash Tool to display properly. The overall window size seemed about the same, but with smaller text, everything was able to fit the window.

@ VL400 :

Fantastic, the new 1.52 Flash Tool beta displays perfectly!

I could not detect any difference in the chatter behaviour; however, I did determine that it was the BCM (device F1) that was responsible. I have to uncheck the "Disable BCM Chatter" option to avoid :

5:47:31 PM Silence Detected
5:47:31 PM Requesting Chatter To Be Disabled For Device F1
5:47:31 PM No Response
5:47:31 PM Not Disabling ECM Chatter
5:47:31 PM No Devices Found
5:47:31 PM COM5 closed

Strangely, I do have a log from my very first attempt with 1.51 that said :

9:36:00 AM Requesting Chatter To Be Disabled For Device F1
9:36:00 AM Chatter Disabled
9:36:14 AM Requesting Chatter To Be Enabled For Device F1
9:36:14 AM Chatter Enabled

I should also mention that 5 of the limit of 10 retries is always used up by the following (applies to 1.51 and 1.52 beta) :

5:55:29 PM Use High Speed Read: Auto
5:55:29 PM Use High Speed Write: Auto
5:55:29 PM Auto Retries: 5
5:55:35 PM Using High Speed Mode
5:55:35 PM Requesting 128 Bytes From Address $0
5:55:36 PM No Response, Re-Sending The Request

So perhaps the High Speed options should not be default for VS Ecotec?

Joe.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Good to hear its working with the code changes :thumbup:

High speed comms is in auto as selecting the vehicle type the program still does not know what bin is going to be found. Some custom bins support high speed read/write, but it only finds out after trying it. You can manually change them to disabled if you know the ECU does not support it - factory bins do not.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

got me a spare vx ecu at last hooked it all up on the bench went to flash it and it asks if im sure the bin im flashing is a full bin without the registers cleared whats the easiest way to check its not cleared on reading without doing a fresh read and having to unhook my aldl cable from the bench thats very umm tempory dodgy wired just to get my security on the ecu so it can go in the car LOL bin file attached if anyone can tell me if it has all the bits needed ide hate to brick the ecu first flash LOL.
delcos vx2 bin.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem