Trouble reading ecu and also LS droid ??

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Gampy

Re: Trouble reading ecu and also LS droid ??

Post by Gampy »

That sucks!

Sorry, I ain't the electronics guru many others on here are so I don't have much input as to what possibly exhaled it's last breath.
However, I would pull it apart (it's easy) and look things over real close, if you can find the pins that got reversed, see if you can trace them to damaged.

I have to admit, I probably would have assumed the same ... It sucks, I get it.

Hope it wasn't a PCM that was special to ya!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Sudsy

Re: Trouble reading ecu and also LS droid ??

Post by Sudsy »

Gampy wrote:That sucks!

Sorry, I ain't the electronics guru many others on here are so I don't have much input as to what possibly exhaled it's last breath.
However, I would pull it apart (it's easy) and look things over real close, if you can find the pins that got reversed, see if you can trace them to damaged.

I have to admit, I probably would have assumed the same ... It sucks, I get it.

Hope it wasn't a PCM that was special to ya!

-Enjoy
Unfortunately is was the PCM for the spare LS i have for another project. I have pulled it apart and had a look but nothing obvious. I still have one good one but that is in my c20 plus it would be tuner locked so not hooking that one up just yet. I will have to do some more reading and try to find a matching bin, xdf and os files to try and see if i can flash it to stock tune and go from there