Trying to get Fuel System working on 12225074 OS for OBD2

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Trying to get Fuel System working on 12225074 OS for OBD2

Post by evilstuie »

Hey All,
I'm trying to get my fuel gauge working and it doesn't seem to want to happen.
I have a 2000 LS1 Firebird Fuel Tank and sensor and trying to get the fuel level data to pass through the PCM and via OBD2 to an Android Tablet running DashCommand.

Everything else is displaying, except for the fuel gauge is at 0% and according to the trip computer I have 3080+kms of range.

I've tested the ohms from the sender unit and it is working properly, I'm getting 5v from the fuel pressure wire on the PCM and return value to the PCM also which is wired in to Red#54.

The only guess I have is that the OS does not have the required setup to be picking up the fuel data and sending it across OBD2.

The original tune OS was for a 2002/2003 Holden Commodore which was 12225074 upgraded to 1273001 SD Enhanced RTT.
The current fuel system is 92155725 and should be 16264535
The firebird stock OS I'm trying to grab the fuel segment from is 9381344 but I can't segment swap across different OS's and don't really want to buy another 2 HP tuner credits for $160US just to have to manually copy all of my tune tables and data across to a stock OS and start again just to have fuel data.

Does anyone know a way to enable this to work?

I'm assuming the OS dictates what PCM pins are active/used and if the PCM can't get the fuel gauge data through Red-54, then it won't broadcast or accept requests for the fuel data correct?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Trying to get Fuel System working on 12225074 OS for OBD

Post by antus »

I dont have an answer for you, but you should be able to read and write it with pcmhammer and configure / segment swap it (if the OS are compatible in that way) with universal patcher. So you can save a bin first to back it up, test all that, and if it works great. If it doesn't clone the original bin back in and you are back where you started without costing any credits.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Post by evilstuie »

antus wrote:I dont have an answer for you, but you should be able to read and write it with pcmhammer and configure / segment swap it (if the OS are compatible in that way) with universal patcher. So you can save a bin first to back it up, test all that, and if it works great. If it doesn't clone the original bin back in and you are back where you started without costing any credits.
Thanks Antus.

I have the AVT852 box still so I should be able to do this.
Will the universal patcher program identify HPT custom OS?
And if it's checking segment swaps, will it confirm if its compatible or not?

And lastly, if it goes through and uploads, can it brick the PCM, or I just do a full wipe/reflash in HPT?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont know if universal patcher will identify COS. If it doesnt since most the data matches the stock OS it should be easy if they are willing to add.
There is know way to check segment swaps, you just have to know. Its just an idea.
Bricks are always possible with an OS swap, but it is unlikely. If your power supply is good, and it reads fine, then its unlikely to fail. PCMHammer goes sector by sector and starts at the other end of the flash chip. So all the other sectors have to have succeeded for it to get up to the boot sector. This is intentional as any poor connections or problems should trigger a fail before it gets to the critical boot sector. Also since it uses CRC32 to decide if a sector has any differences, even in a clone operation it wont touch the boot sector if the boot sector has no changes to apply.

To start with see if it will read the bin and see how you go with universal patcher, this is not destructive in any way. Ive just checked and PCMHammer doesnt have that OSID in it. It'll default to P01 specifications but it might not unlock if it has a non-standard security key. Give it a shot and let us know.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396