Nissan tb42 timing map

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
wiix360
cars: Ford maverick Delco efi

Nissan tb42 timing map

Post by wiix360 »

Anyone on here got an efi tb42 timing map for 12p ??
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Re: Nissan tb42 timing map

Post by BennVenn »

You could probably get a pretty good starting point by referring to the workshop manual when setting up timing.

It should have the base timing that you'd set the distributor to. You'd put that value around 900rpm at around 40kpa or whatever the idle RPM is. Find the max advance (with vac line unplugged) value and pop that in at around 3500rpm at 100kpa. If there's any data in the manual about vac advance you can use that too. You'd then use the X/Y interpolate function in tunerpro and it'll generate a spark map for you.

That should get you most of the way there. A dyno would be best to dial it in exactly as there's no knock sensor on that block, or an app like PerfExpert and a bit of road tuning will help dial in the full load columns.
wiix360
cars: Ford maverick Delco efi

Post by wiix360 »

Iv made a map i think is right but under low speed loaded it dose get a bit unhappy ill need to work out timing off a carby one
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I have used the carbie advance curves to determine a reasonable map the added a bit in the lower rev range. I don't think the old mechanical was very good over the rev range. Probably add around 5-6 dgrees up to 1200 rpm then follow the mechanical curve then add what the vacuum advance would have in the higher vacuum area. Probably about 15 dgerees. Was that engine was used in 4WD Nissan Patrol?

These figures might help.
Attachments
IMG20230723183622.jpg