PCM Hammer - CAN BUS Communications

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCM Hammer - CAN BUS Communications

Post by antus »

NSFW I don't think want's to make it more than it is. He is happy for others to do so, but his aim, coming from the subaru flash programming background was to the do the same in the GM world. I gave him my notes and ls1flash-free source code, with input from Dimented24x7 who had his own tool for black box PCMs, and NSFW was able to put it all in to the OO app that PCMHammer is. But he only wanted to flash his car (P59 I think, maybe P01?). He mentioned there has been some progress on his new engine.. but thats not my story. Maybe we'll get him back at some stage.

I am not looking forward to "butchering" code... the seasons are changing and the weather has warmed up, I'll have lots more to do around here, than I did through last winter. I find its really good to have someone to work with to keep the interest up, and keep it interesting. Without you gampy, I'll get the asm kernel out there, but not sure when I'll come back to CAN. But if anyone wants to work on it with me, I am happy to help as much as I can. OO is not my strong point, but in my day job my team writes OO code (though its another language) but I think its starting to sink in. Have reviewed more than a few merge requests there now.

Win 11.. defiantly a tangent, but you still don't need an MS account. They just make it hard. You need to pop up a shell and cut the internet at a certain stage. And then avoid the prompts that suck in family a week or a month later after you've left them with a clean build and then MS nag them instead. As always the answers are out there. https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/ins ... ft-account
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396