Anyone have Stock EEC-V Bins?

Ford information and tools can be found here
In-Tech

Re: Anyone have Stock EEC-V Bins?

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
Sorry about that. The one's that have names should be bone stock. Hth's
DWS
cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.

Post by DWS »

It's no problem, just figured I'd point it out.

Once I get done going through all of these files and renaming them, I'm going to get work to coding the concept I have in mind.
Ford EEC-V Bin Converter (bank swapping and padding): viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8342
DWS

Post by DWS »

Ok, I got some basic code up and running for detecting the pats function (only one for now). I've added in the few code changes across the different vehicles and have all of the US based models covered that I have a BIN for, at least for 4 bank EEC-V that appears to be unmodified.

Anyway, my question is, I'm looking at the AU bins and xdf files for them and I don't see any mention of PATS, do these just flat out don't have the security/immo/pats system in the computer? Here's the list of bins that my code isn't detecting anything for pats in. I checked several of the xdf files and not seeing a mention of pats, immo, or security, but maybe it's under a different term?

Could anyone that has experience with any of these strategies confirm no pats?

Btw, bin pool is sitting at 73 bins currently. I need to go through the ones that failed my bank detection to make sure they are 4 bank and complete, pretty sure most of them came from websites though so don't know what the history of the files are. Worth a mention, right now primary target is EEC-V 4 bank, so the single bank and 2 bank bins I put off to the side for now.

As far as my discoveries goes, there seems to be mainly 2 pats code sets, but the one had a pretty wildly different version so I set them up as 3 different code bases. Of course always interested in more stock bins too so I can make sure I catch any oddities in my detection code.

Format is Strategy_Partnum_CatchCode.bin
N9XJ2BP_WR2ABE_WABE.bin
N9XJ2CZ_WR2TCD_WTCC.bin
N9XJ4AC_WR2TAD_WTAD.bin
N9XJ4AD_WR2AAD_WAAD.bin
N9XJ4AY_WR2AHC_WAHC.BIN
N9XJ4CB_WR2ACE_WACE.bin
N9XJ4F9_WR2TFE_WTFE.bin
N9XK5L6_WR2TLB_WTLB.BIN
N9XK5R7_WR2ARC_WARC.BIN
N9XL1KE_WR2AKD_WAKD.BIN
N9XL1N6_WR2ANA_WANA.BIN
N9XL1PD_WR2TPC_WTPD.BIN
NGIC9A5_1R23AF_12AF.bin
NGIC9AJ_2R23AB_22AB.bin
NGIC9B3_1R23BE_12BE.bin
NGIC9CF_1R23CD_12CD.bin
NGIC9F9_1R23FD_12FD.bin
NGIC9V7_1R23VC_12VC.BIN
NGIC9WG_1R23WD_12WD.BIN
NGVB5D3_YR23DF_Y3DF.BIN
NGVB5E6_YR23EE_Y3EE.BIN
NGVB5EZ_2R23CA_22CA.bin
NGVB5L2_WR2ALG_WALG.BIN
NGVB5R8_1R23RB_12RB.BIN
NVXF419_1R23JB_12JB.bin
NVXN3F6_WR2AFB_WAFB.bin
NVXN6GA_WR2TGE_WTGE.BIN
NVXO7QC_WR2TQB_WTQB.BIN
NVXO7RB_WR2TRB_WTRB.BIN
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

At a quick glance they seem to be mostly AU Falcon files (as in the model designation, not as in from Australia)

They all certainly have pats, iirc they are all represented as a flag option with those defs
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
DWS

Post by DWS »

I see, I opened up the NGIC9.xdf in tuner pro and looked at the flags, only 2 options and trans is clearly not it, other one says SmartShieldEnable, so I guess that must be it. I was jumping in the file in a text editor and searching for terms I'd expect since I don't have tunerpro installed on my linux desktop. That seems to be a common flag in the XDF's though, so gonna peek at the disassembled code and see if it's similar to the pats code I already have covered, or if it's a new code base.

Thanks for the tip though, I figured there would be tons of flags in the xdf instead of 2 lol.

A good hand full of the bins are from an AU website, pretty sure all of the ones listed are from that site so assumed it was an AU based difference.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Here's 1 I had lying around that I did without smartlock if it helps?
Attachments
Ford EEC Tuning.zip
(48.49 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Smartshield or Smartlock = PATS
DWS

Post by DWS »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Here's 1 I had lying around that I did without smartlock if it helps?
Thanks for the files, but looks like those a single bank files padded out to 256k, at least 3 of the 4 bank sections are all FF's. EEC-V computers would have a 104 connector (4 rows of pins), I'm guessing that came from a computer that had 3 rows of pins (60 pin connector). Not sure how reliable it is, but inside the connector the 104 pin is a blue silicone seal while the 60 pin is red.
Gareth wrote:Smartshield or Smartlock = PATS
I see, I googled it and that's what I was guessing. Funny even within the same brand there's different names for the same thing.

DNV2
I have one version of the pats code that I think I'm missing a flag on (two flags total), at least on the computer I'm testing I'm not getting injector pulse output with the flag I'm aware of set to disabled (01). I have a friend trying to disable pats on a computer for a customer of his and he's running into the same issue and that bin has the same style of code too. Here's his bin if anyone happens to know the two flag locations to disable pats, bin is stock/unmodified, the catch code is what the computer has on it, but the code clearly has been updated as the part number doesn't match the physical computer and the strategy updated to a newer version than what it originally came with of my understanding at least.

NHS1
The other computer I poked at a bit is for a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport with a 4.0L, in tuning software it shows only 1 flag, but it seems like that flag alone doesn't disable pats either, unless my test setup is invalid. Using a 03 taurus for the crank signal and monitoring injector 1 pin according to the wire diagrams with a logic probe. Of course I have power and ground hooked up too. The same test setup has worked on several other computers, and online it appears those engines have the same crank sensor signal, so I'm pretty sure it should be giving something for an output once I get the flags set correctly. Always possible I have a bad computer too, was an ebay special, but since the DNV2 computer has the same type of code and it also didn't work, I'm leaning towards the pats flag isn't quite right.
Attachments
PYBD24K_3L2ANB_NHS1.bin
(224 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
BXANB5M_YU7AABB_DNV2.bin
(224 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Im happy to send you for free some aussie PCMs if required?
DWS

Post by DWS »

Gareth wrote:Im happy to send you for free some aussie PCMs if required?
Really more bins the better since I can catch edge cases in their code changes better then.

I'm not super sure what I'm going to end up at, but effectively I'm trying to build a tool to extract out all of the functions of a bin, build a mask for them, compare to other files and catch the updated code sections so the same mask works for all minor changes. In theory I could make a site that generates xdf files for an uploaded bin file, but that's way ahead of where I'm at right now. Something like that probably wouldn't be free since it's a lot of coding and testing. If I can do that, then I should be able to also have a page that you upload the bin to, make your changes, then download to write to the computer. I'm not sure if I'll get to that point with this project, but would like to at least get the basics about the computers worked out, pats, sensor calibration tables, and the main tuning tables, ve and such.

Either case this is going to be slow progress, mainly focused on pats off and then the two vehicles I'm covering for demo derby, crown vic and taurus. I recently had a request for focus too, so those probably will be later too.