Need Help Setting Up a Wideband SOLVED

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Maxxx
cars: VS Commodore ute and a VY Commodore ute

Need Help Setting Up a Wideband SOLVED

Post by Maxxx »

Hi all. I have a 2000 VS V6 ute that I am having trouble with trying to log a wideband O2 sensor. The PCM is a 16199728, I'm using Tunerpro RT, the wideband is a Spartan 3. I've set up Tunerpro with CXAJ1848.BIN, VS_V6_$51 Enhanced_v1.4.xdf, VS_V6_$51_Enhanced_v1.4.adx. I have wired the O2 controller into Pin B10, I have a gauge in the car so I can see the AFR. I have read The1's PDF on setting up the O2 sensor in the enhanced adx and I have watched his youtube video on calibrating the wideband using the "Graph" program but still can't get the O2 to work in Tunerpro. Also I cannot find a "value" to see AFR readings on the dash of tunerpro. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Last edited by Maxxx on Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxxx

Re: Need Help Setting Up a Wideband. SOLVED

Post by Maxxx »

This is how I have setup the ADX.
Attachments
Wideband setup2.jpg
Wideband setup2.jpg (113.13 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
Wideband setup1.jpg
Wideband setup1.jpg (120.11 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
Last edited by Maxxx on Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VTXU8

Re: Need Help Setting Up a Wideband

Post by VTXU8 »

I have the same wideband kit and it looks like it's set up correctly in the ADX.
In Tuner Pro dash, right click on a gauge you won't really require e.g. CTS Voltage. Click Value and scroll down to and click Pin B10 Wideband. CTS Voltage gauge will change to B10 Wideband.
Or..
Right click on any gauge and click ADD GAUGE. Find B10 Wideband and add it. Then just position where you want it, digital/analog, colour etc and hit Save.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

Hi VTXU8 I have put the gauge on the dash but it only reads 10.00 for some reason. I have spliced into the wire that goes to the gauge in the car and wired that into pin B10. The gauge in the car appears to be working correctly, it reads between 13 and 17 typically while driving the car.
Attachments
Wideband setup5.jpg
Wideband setup5.jpg (103.58 KiB) Viewed 2246 times
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

You don't use that wire that goes to your gauge. There is an output terminal on the spartan 3 box. Disconnect that wire from your gauge and connect it to terminal 6 on the control box.
spartan wb output.jpg
spartan wb output.jpg (131.87 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I have tried changing to pin A5 with the same result, so I checked voltage at the pin and when the gauge shows around 14.5 voltage is about 2.3v and when I turn the car off and leave the ignition on the gauge shows 18 and the voltage was around 3.6.
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

I'll give that a go
Maxxx

Post by Maxxx »

The gauge and pin B10 are connected to 6 on the controller. You have circled 10 on the controller, is that where I should put pin B10?
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

No, Maxx. I circled terminal 6 in that pic. If that is how you already wired it(Pin B10 to terminal 6), then it should be working.
Perhaps you have accidentally wired into the wrong terminal on the pcm. Strange if you haven't. Not sure what else would be wrong.
VTXU8

Post by VTXU8 »

do you have a wiring diagram?