C~V.N research

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
In-Tech

C~V.N research

Post by In-Tech »

Hello, I didn't know where to post this, apologies.
Besides TIS, does anyone know where I can look up C.V~N numbers based on vin? ie chrysler or jeep?
Last edited by In-Tech on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kur4o

Re: CVN research

Post by kur4o »

First we need to find how cnns are requested from pcm and displayed on the tool. Than we can try to figure what part of the bin is used for cnn calculation.
Last we need to find a stock file with jeep P/N and get a cnn out of it.

Jeep only offer bin download based on p/n no segment, no nothing, a big single file. Not sure how they request cnns, maybe by the wi`~tech program, or something else.

I think j1979 mode offers mode 09 02 command to get cnns out of controllers. That can be tested for sure, if you have some CAN jeep pcms laying around.
Last edited by kur4o on Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
Thanks for the reply, I sent a PM as this is probably better not discussed much in public.
The GM stuff usually has at least 2 scratchpads per module for C.V~N correction after calculation. In general there is about 2.5 million combinations for each module and if you have to use 2 scratchpads it grows exponentially. It's a math nightmare.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

kur4o wrote: I think j1979 mode offers mode 09 02 command to get c.v,n.s out of controllers. That can be tested for sure, if you have some CAN jeep pcms laying around.
Good call, I'll look through some SAE stuff :thumbup: