Thread removed by user

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Help needed. VT V6 swapped 2004 rodeo tune. Happy to pay

Post by Dylan »

User on here Gareth may have a second hand 14point7 wideband controller.
Thomas2004Rodeo
cars: A rusty fucked tricyle with one wheel

Post by Thomas2004Rodeo »

Thread removed by user
Last edited by Thomas2004Rodeo on Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:I guess lets start with I know nothing keen to learn Ive been scouring the forum for a few weeks now and I guess had not much luck.
Starting small and simple
- Is there a thread or screenshot for the tunerpro setup for wideband O2.
There is, have you downloaded the Enhanced tuning PDF that has all the relevant info for using the Enhanced tunes?
Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:- Im not logging data and dont know how (via pcm) I am however using a drag race app ( I had made) to log runs after changes to the tune. (to no good as nothing i change seems to make much appreciable difference)

Do you have one of these?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3616

If you do then you have everything you need to datalog.

Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:Can I confirm in the AFR/MGC/RPM that is indeed MGC of air? only one post I found says it matter of fact... then 3.8L/6 is .633L or 774mg of "air" approx so even WOT means 774mgc at best case.
* I have no idea what I am doing and just blundering through going down rabbit hole after rabbit hole. (somewhat frustrated)
I don't think a theoretical number based on displacement is relevant as there are so many variables that can alter the number. Ideally you need to run a datalog and then you can see exactly where in the map/tables the engine runs and adjust from there.[/quote]

Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:I will post pics of my tune but be gentle I have no idea.
Base rate injector comes standard at 361ms/gram the Kinjflow calc with the 777 injectors saying 26.35lb/hr say it should be 305msec/gram --( should I change this as 361 was probably set for a reason)
If you are running stock injectors leave the calculation as is, there are a few different number listed on the web for 777 injectors and the data in the tune is correct.
Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:- End of injector target set to 408deg is that normal also? I have seen the cam profiles in the commodore books talk about 300ish deg but again unsure and rabbit holes scare me now.
The stroke engine cycle requires 2 full rotations to complete one cycle so you really need to think of it as a 720° cycle (360° + 360°) so the 408° is correct but other then that I can't explain it much better, The1 who wrote the enhanced software can give more details, there is also more info in the PDF file.
Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:Photo explanation
My pea-brain assumes that the fuel map lets say on a hard static launch would go like in the image
WOT - High load therefore high MGC at say 1000RPM
Higher RPM less load as momentum is built
11seconds later bam let off 100kph or 660ft. (both splits recorded on my app)
[/quote]

Although the thinking is (kind of) correct, the MAF based tunes work a little bit different to MAP tunes and once you go to WOT the PCM goes into PE (power enrichment) mode and does not actually run to the Open loop target AFR map, it works purely off airflow (MAF) and target AFR derived from the PE tables. I'll go more into this in a separate post.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:
tuner 2.png
Just leave this map as per standard, the engine will run in Open loop mode during cold start until it reaches the minimum closed loop operating temperature and running time and the O2 sensors provide the correct signal .

What transmission do you run? diff ratio?

What about cooling and thermofans?

Any intake modifications?
Thomas2004Rodeo

Thread removed by user
Last edited by Thomas2004Rodeo on Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:
Do you have one of these? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3616
Plot twist - with the conversion I never hooked up an OBD port due to never having needed it in the past (I have the haynes manual and can use a parts or donor car to make that work)
Then I assume laptop and happy days ->> side quest.....My memcal is EPROM light cancer box erased Will that be an issue? not being NVRAM
It is not a problem as such but it makes burning new tunes very long winded. NVRAM is easiest but another much cheaper option is getting a EEPROM memcal which lets you erase and burn a new tune without the need of a cancer light.

see viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3650 (hopefully The1 still has some stock).
Thomas2004Rodeo wrote: What transmission do you run? diff ratio?
4L60E and standard rodeo read diff 4.55 from google (RA 2004 Rodeo Petrol originally)
Does the transmission shift at the appropriate times or are you shifting it manually?
Thomas2004Rodeo

Thread removed by user
Thomas2004Rodeo

Thread removed by user
Last edited by Thomas2004Rodeo on Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thomas2004Rodeo wrote:I have sent Gareth a PM but its stuck in my outbox and not my sent messages - odd
That is normal until recipient reads it, then it goes to your Sent box.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Thomas2004Rodeo

Thread removed by user
Last edited by Thomas2004Rodeo on Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.