Mace roller cam MAP chip

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Vk304
cars: Vk 304 manual

Mace roller cam MAP chip

Post by Vk304 »

Hay, got a vs ute ecu which is controlling a vt roller motor with MAP long type memcal, just put in a mace 'stage 3' roller cam/springs/locks.....

Mace supplied me with a short type vt memcal and said they dont supply one for the older 'long type memcal' such as mine for a roller engine combo, is there a way to get the chip (which is larger in size compared to mine), to work in my vs 424 ecu, right now my ecu has a 'stage 2' chip in it and VATS deleted.

Or even an alternative method.
Screenshot_20231107_163800_Chrome.jpg
Any help would be much appreciated, im pretty useless at pcm and coding/tuning lingo by the way....
brindo

Re: Mace roller cam MAP chip

Post by brindo »

You don’t really have any options with getting the MACE VT memcal to work in your VS 424 pcm. Does the car start and run with your Stage 2 memcal?
I think your best option is to get a new memcal burnt for it. Someone on here may already have a tune that is close or closer than what the MACE tune would be anyway.
Vk304

Post by Vk304 »

Havent tried yet, yea ive messaged the nz holden diagnostics guy hopefully he can help, otherwise if somebody knows how to get a mace stage 3 cam tune or i can post cam specs, on there id be keen, its manual std injectors/internals, full 2.5 inch twin off the collectors.
Thanks for your reply.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah its not a size problem, the memcal contains the operating system as well as the calibration and its a completely different generation of computer. The "long" one is a MAP operating system for the '424 ECM computer. The "short" one is a MAF operating system for a a PCM computer. It is not compatible at all. The advise above is good.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vk304

Post by Vk304 »

Thanks for clearing that up, will hunt around for a compatible tune