T43 Dissasembly

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Gatecrasher

Re: T43 Dissasembly

Post by Gatecrasher »

Damn. That is really cool. Nice work.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good work, but you might want to check your checksum plugin UUID, it's not unique and its a clash with one of my earlier ones. viewtopic.php?p=111677#p111677
I'd suggest changing this quickly and bumping your XDF version number and take the current DLL and XDF down (and update + repost) before it causes more confusion and problems for people having multiple and clashing plugin IDs and dlls/xdfs.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-03 174544.png
Screenshot 2024-01-03 174544.png (86.14 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

Done. I'll message Mark too so hack's like me don't get caught out again
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Thanks! Was that the stock one? Did I not update it either back in the day and never noticed? Doh!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hjtrbo
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

Yeah it was the stock one.

New learning curve for me, do I just hack the guid and hope for the best or include a module that can guarantee a unique uuid? I know what the correct 'model answer' is, but in reality what can you guys get away with?
hjtrbo
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

@kittens_melbourne
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Its one of those things, there are competing standards about how to create them, if everyone used the same method, it'd be very unlikely to get a clash, as its tied to several things including hardware, date and time. But everyone doesn't use the same standard and the built in generator in visual studio is a bit crap. In general just search "uuid generator" and use one of the many free ones on the net. Its also easy to generate them in code and then cut and paste the output in to your source. https://www.uuidgenerator.net/dev-corner/c-sharp
hjtrbo
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

I had a go at using a dynamic uuid library. Got it working then pondered. It won't work because if there was to be a conflict the dll has to be re-generated which the end user can't do. Static randomly generated uuid it is.

xdf and dll now re-attached to this post
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The developer is supposed to do it once, and then they own that uuid, and all plugins have a unique ID (not each copy of the same plugin). Tunerpro uses it internally, and wont load two plugins with the same ID. Thus, you can get away with it, until some user tries to use both at the same time and then one of them wont load. It's also used by the XDF to identify which plugin to use with the XDF. So its possible you can get the XDF loading the wrong one, if a user attempts to load two and the wrong one loads first. Then it'd probably crash, or at least miscalculate the checksum. It's a pitty the plugin SDK have a default one that works. Probably the SDK should fail to compile until its set, and have a link to information about how to generate one in the source. Or, maybe tunerpro could have rejected any and all plugins with the default so nobody can use it by accident. Anyway, easy to say in hindsight after they've been out there for 10 years.
hjtrbo
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

Mark probably & quite rightly assumes people know what they're doing. Then hacks like me come along... Anyway, I know now for next time and for any other project in the future where I run across a uuid requirement. Cheers mate