LA1 3400 Manual Transmission

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Mustangsix

LA1 3400 Manual Transmission

Post by Mustangsix »

Earlier you all helped me point out my P04 issues with the MGB 3400/T5 swap.

I decided to start over with a stock Impala bin and finally came up with a tune that works well. The car starts easily, has great power, and cruises nicely. I don't seem to have the stalling and bucking issue anymore.

The pulse-per-mile is set to 8200 to give the PCM a correct speed with my gears and tires, so that may have to change for other applications. VATS is off, DFCO is mostly disabled, the torque abuse and torque management shouldn't be working anymore either.

Anyway, here's a copy of where I am right now. It should be a good starting point for anyone doing a 3400 with a T5 into other cars.

Thanks again, and if you see anything weird in this bin, let me know.
Attachments
LA13400manual.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Mustangsix

Re: LA1 3400 Manual Transmission

Post by Mustangsix »

Latest update.

First, thanks to everyone who contacted me to help with my driveability issues. This is a 3400 LA1 with a T5 installed in an MGB.

I had gone down the rabbit hole of torque management and trans abuse settings, but eventually found that my problems stemmed from a misunderstanding of a DFCO setting. The car would buck and stall at low speeds and was not behaving well in traffic. I played with the trans abuse stuff and torque management thinking that it might be doing something to prevent damage to a non-existent automatic transmission. After a lot of experimenting and advice from some helpful folks here, it came back to the DFCO settings.

I had set the DFCO disable TPS to 1 percent and then to 0 thinking that the TPS would be disable above that setting. Someone pointed out to me that the DFCO disables BELOW that setting, so at 1 or 0 essentially the PCM was always trying to cut fuel. I raised that setting to 25 and it cured the low-speed, light-throttle engine cutout issue I was having.

Attached is the bin that I'm running now. Thanks again to all who helped.
Attachments
LA1ManualTransupdated.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 31 times