Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

mike test... is this thing on?

Post by antus »

Merry Christmas everyone!

The forums ran out of disk space on the old server at the end of last week, so I invested the time picking up the notes from last time I tried to figure out a clean way to update from very old forum software, very old database, very old server to the lastest kit. This has improved a lot of things on the technical side, we now have full utf-8 support (4 byte emojis wont crash the DB!) and the old 3 byte UTF-8 that was getting through has not been corrupted. There may be some small things left to fix. One I am aware of is the new FAQ link is now a ?.. I learnt enough CSS to improve contrast in the theme, and make it green and tweak a few things, so its nice to look at. I am also not sure if the default font is too small, I'll modify some more things to increase it by about 20% or 25% from how it is now.

But the main question, is it working? Is anyone out there? I figure everyone is just busy with christmas but it seems very quite on the forums. I've a couple of users logged in come through and a post. DNS checkers look healthy. But, is the forum working for everyone? Can you log in and post? Is it all 🥳 and not 💩?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Re: mike test... is this thing on?

Post by antus »

Updated default font size from 11 to 14.. not sure if i've gone to far. How is everyone finding the readability?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Gday Antus. Looks good. I don't see any change in the font size but the one you are using looks fine. I logged in earlier and thought my computer was doing strange things then realised it had a major upgrade.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Hi mate,

Yes, definitely online. Good to see a re-fresh.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

It’s working ok for me, slight learning curve and yeah I’ve been busy with family so I’ve been visiting here 30 seconds at a time, looks like a nice upgrade, thanks and happy holidays!!!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Looks great, font it a little bigger on my computer. But on my phone it is magnitudes bigger which is great.

Went from almost unreadable even zoomed in on the phone, to the whole screen filled with the page's text without the need to scroll sideways or zoom anywhere. I suppose like autowrapping.

Any finally, no auto pop-up jump to menu! This was driving me spare for years :lol: :typist:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

All good here. Nice job on the cut over
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

Working here in usa. I prefer a smaller font for thread index, as can zoom in, but cant zoom out, but is working. Inside the thread, font size is fine. I use a phone 99 percent of the time. Merry Christmas!
DavidBraley
cars: 1948 GMC

Post by DavidBraley »

All looks good from Colorado!
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Thanks!