mike test... is this thing on?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Gatecrasher

Re: mike test... is this thing on?

Post by Gatecrasher »

Caught me off guard when I first logged in, but I'm liking it now that I've had a chance to look around. Seems a little snappier too.

I second what Cincinnatus said about the thread index.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

*cough*.. Test 3... *cough* :lol:

Looks great on this end :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just tried it on my desktop, looks awesome except for the "w"s for some reason? they look like they have half transparency to the other characters :hmm:

See this pic.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 13-36-45 mike test... is this thing on - Page 2 - pcmhacking.net.png
Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 13-36-45 mike test... is this thing on - Page 2 - pcmhacking.net.png (2.99 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

That's interesting, I can't see your screen shot attachment?

I see what you mean about the "w", it also seems the first letter in the sentence when it's a lower case letter is cut off but capital letters are fine.

LOL, the cut off words are your image, there doesn't seem to be a border around the image to discern it from the rest of the post?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

@vlad What screen res are you running? What OS? The font looks fine here, but I see in your screenshot it looks like the aliasing has gone a bit weird. Could be the font, could be the OS, the res, combination of the above.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Looks fine for me on mobile, much better than the old software.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

1440p at 144Hz.

OS is win 7.

Laptop, the font is uniform but fuzzy overall but that's because is has a bad quality screen in general.

Text is perfect on my phone though, all 3 devices are using the latest firefox.

I've just tired the clear type wizard with minimal improvement, interestingly the issue goes away either side of the browser scaling, 90% and 110% are perfect, 1:1 is all messed up though for the "w". Was never an issue on the old forum, no other site does it either so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit, no issues on the index pages, upper and lower case are fine. It only happens in the post itself.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think its to do with win7's font rendering or maybe you browser on win 7. The forums are now using woff2 format fonts, and although they should work on win 7 I can find a few bug reports along the lines of this one where the fonts don't render correctly. For example https://magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17313 or https://stackoverflow.com/questions/454 ... -rendering
I had a bit of a play around on a win7 vm and couldn't get the 'w' to render as poorly as yours though at any resolution.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah it's weird, I've never had an issue on this PC ever, this is the first time.

But on the laptop, there is heaps of examples where the font is weird and it's running win 11, FB especially where the messenger contact drop down is very very blurry, but the rest of FB is fine. It's a common issue on laptops as they don't use displays most of the time that are compatible with fonts due to the pixel lay out on them being weird, were real monitors most often have the correct pixel lay out.

My old work laptop was similar and so is my partner's one in that regard. All were using 10 or 11.

But all that said, my desktop is ancient and in much need of replacement, I've been planing to since 2017 though :lol: Just don't have the money, or better yet, can't justify the prices of GPUs on principal. :thumbdown:
vp304

Post by vp304 »

All working here just getting used to new layout colours hehe.
Win 10 on pc Fills the 1920 by 1200 screen res i run nicely
Hope this forum lives on for a long time you guys have saved me a heap on my cars over the years