vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Wideband recommendation

Post by vlad01 »

That was the problem we had with 14Point7 kits, they started out with genuine sensors but the later Spartan 2 kits started arriving with fake LSU 4.9s and the owner was caught out and denied of such. Gareth was ordering the Spartan kits and then adding genuine Bosch sensors he sourced direct from his Bosch supplier, so we Aus people had access to genuine quality WB kits.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Deuce
cars: TUF355

Post by Deuce »

Jaso74 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:11 pm Hey all .
Been looking for a wideband sensor/kit to tune my in progress rebuild project (VR 355 424 ecu Auto).
I have hardware ready,(nvram etc), other than a wideband sensor and associated wiring , weld in bung etc. Trouble is there is a few around for sale and not sure what to get or where from .
Looking for suggestions , rather buy once and be happy than wish I'd asked.

Any suggestions appreciated .
I drive a VR, 355, auto, NVRAM, and am using the innovative wideband.
I'm happy with it. And it uses the Bosch sensor.
I have a bung in the drivers side collector area, as the passenger side has narrow band for stock narrow band things
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

i switched from innovate kits to the aem x-series years ago. i run 1 in each bank.

the 4.9 sensors are a lot better for longevity imo.
Jaso74
cars: VR Commodore ute 304 auto

Post by Jaso74 »

I ended up ordering a spartan 3 lite with bosch sensor and gauge today with from Just race parts.
I guess I will have to remove the pull up resistor from the ecu board and figure out where I'm able to fit sensor bung into exhaust next.
Any tips ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

For the pull up, I thought I remembered that being a thing on a 424, but I have not run a 424 of my own car. So I went looking for the information for you and only found "I am using 12P with a wideband controller analog output connected to pin D8 but there is an AFR offset. Why?" in the FAQ page here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

So maybe its only on the 808 and with some widebands, and not a common problem as i've never hit on an 808 either. So I think that's safe to ignore, and just set "WideBand - WideBand 0V AFR" and "WideBand - WideBand 5V AFR" in 11P so that the logs match the display.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jaso74
cars: VR Commodore ute 304 auto

Post by Jaso74 »

Cool that sounds good . I will give that a go and see how it works !