Best anti-virus for 2024?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Best anti-virus for 2024?

Post by immortality »

Hi all,

So what are peoples recommendations for anti-virus software in the current climate?

This popped up in the news feed,

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/22/tech ... index.html
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Best anti-virus for 2024?

Post by vlad01 »

Just the built in windows one. I haven't bothered with 3rd part software for years now as they are too invasive and spamy themselves these days and don't do any better of a job than old windows defender/security which is built into windows out of the box.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Windows works well for me too.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep default windows one. I have noticed that some of the crap that comes pre-bundled on new pcs sometimes turns a lot of things off and makes it hard to turn the windows one back on, after uninstall the crapware trial of whatever came with the pc. So if you have nortons or something like it on a new pc, make sure you uninstall it and windows defender is able to be turned back on and shows its running properly. Cloud protection, ransomware protection can be useful but at the end of the day are optional and you may not want files found on your PC to be sent back to Microsoft, or you might not want a Microsoft account in the first place for onedrive for the ransomware protection backup. But so long as defender is running and up to date you should be good.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

i still use ESET security/av