ose_$11p

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: ose_$11p

Post by vlad01 »

Can't use 12p instead and run 808? They go to 9.6k standard.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Post by Kevspec »

All the other parameters on the 11p are that much better and the car is a vs factory with the 424. It should be right just depends how much I will need to rev it on the shift won't know until it's all running in the car and test.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you mean logging then you'd change them in the ADX, not the XDF. The ranges on the tables are what you get. The ECM will extend the slope if you go past the max size column or row of the table so you'll get something sain for VE and timing - it wont stop. But you are getting close to the max rpm the ECM will handle (I've heard just over 9000 is the absolute max but not tested it myself). You should probably just go with what you have and see how go at that RPM. You will probably be fine. But if you get a fair bit over 8000 and start having problems you cant tune out (not saying you will, but if..), then you might need to look at another system.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Is this a processing limitation because the code has a lot more stuff to executed in 11P compared to 12P? I assumed 424 and 808 have essentially the same CPU?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Space limitation. 11p has to dedicate a whole lot of space for the transmission code
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

My understanding is rpm range is primarily dictated by CPU resources and clock speed fighting the ever decreasing window of time available to execute instructions as the rpm increases. Table size of a few rows would only be a few bytes I'd imagine?
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I'd imagine if there were spare bytes available he'd have made it the same as 12p?

I'm fairly sure somewhere he talks about using every byte, he's removed some original functionality to create more spare bytes for other areas so no I don't think there were any spare bytes to potentially increase table sizes.

Maybe it's a combination of both, CPU resources and lack of room. I guess only VL400 can truly answer that question.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

All of that is way to in-depth for me see how it all plays out I also may have to adapt a crank trigger if spark isn't stable enough but I guess I will have to try and see
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah its CPU limitation. This is late 1980s tech, similar in power to a commodore 64. The main CPU only runs at a couple of Mhz. Genius software and hardware designers created very efficient hardware and software to make it do what it does, using every trick in the book to get the most out of it, but you hit the ceiling of capability of the processor when things need to happen above a certain speed. Each spark and fuel event needs to be calculated and queued by the time the engine gets to the position it needs to fire.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

100% agree but I'm also at the point with everything else doing as it should it hardly grants going aftermarlet ecu route