tool to sniff out pids?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
???

tool to sniff out pids?

Post by ??? »

sorry if this is the wrong sub, but I'm looking for a tool that could find pids. does something like gust exist? I see youtube of guys using a Raspberry Pi to sort them out for tesla swaps. but nothing for gm stuff.

I was hopping I could hook up my tech 2, pull up the data I want to see and then use something to record what it's sending out to get that data. then I could add that to other more easily used on a daily basis apps.

like I have the high side ac pressure pid readily available, but the low side is under the hvac module data. be handy to have easy access to it. same with the rear shock module, I can display the air bag psi with the tech 2 and even my little top din dongle, bit if like to find that pid add it to other apps. it's handy when loading trailer for tongue weight.

I don't mind buying stuff. I just don't know what, or how involved it would be.

thanks for any thoughts.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: tool to sniff out pids?

Post by antus »

This stuff on can bus is not gm specific, so you probably can use the same tools. Otherwise if you know what you want you can use universal patchers logger tool and set up the filters so you get what you want and are not overwhelmed with data.

Even if you want vpw data universal patcher can show you the data, not so much for pid searching.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
???

Post by ??? »

I'll go read thur the universal patcher thread.

thanks.

do you know how all these cheap scan tools get all their
pids? does someone sell that data to them?
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »