VR Read Problem

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VX L67 Getrag

VR Read Problem

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I just tried reading a VR memcal that I had lying around(BLCB) & it also had written 5067 under it

So I thought sweet, i'll compare it to the 1 on stock bins & it's way different(like not even close) & I'm not sure if I did it right?

when using my gq3 I selected national semicond NM27c512, I don't have a 28 pin adapter to read it off, so I just used my 32 pin & made sure pin 1 was at position 1 & read as per normal, it did it fine & quick & came up as a 64k file but I'm not sure?

Anyways here's the faulty read
Attachments
BLCB off my old VR PCM.bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: VR Read Problem

Post by VL400 »

Def not a good read, looks like the EPROM was possibly oriented the wrong way around in the reader or the pins were offset in the reader using the 32pin adapter. The adapter should work if its just a straight one for one adapter with no pin swapping going on.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VR Read Problem

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LETS JUST SAY I'M A F$#K WIT!

I need to pay more attention to the diagram the gq3 programmer gives me for the eprom position!

I assumed it went number 1 to the top like the 32 pin chips, but no it's set 2 back!

So with a little modification to the eprom socket base so I could use the 32 pin connector without cutting those pins it was perfect & matched perfectly!

Just a little lesson to pay attention to the diagrams, but operations manuals are still over rated! LOL