VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
ev351

Re: VS V6 Supercharged Into Suzuki Sierra

Post by ev351 »

Jayme, Thanks a lot for that revised no vats Bin.... That was the problem,, I burnt it and she fired up straight away. After i go through and sort out some other its and pieces I will be onto getting the single fan to work. Ill have a look for the thread on getting a single fan working. I cant wait to drive it, the thing sounds quite eager to go when you snap the throttle.

Thank you everyone for your replies on this. Once I get on the road, Ill start having a play with other settings in the ECU... and then maybe a little pulley upgrade.

Ev.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

no worries but I think you meant to thank yoda69 he posted the revised bin ;)
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Oops... Thanks Yoda. Now for that fan.....
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Ive been trawling around for a while looking for the thread regarding VS fans with no BCM but so far i cant locate a cure. At present, the fan relay is connected to the ECM fan control pin. So far, nothing happens when the motor gets hot. Apparently without a BCM I should be having the fans stuck on all the time? Strangely enough, the fan did come on once. but i had to stop the engine for another reason, then it never came on again. Would it be possible to raise the low speed fan temp to a very high value that would never be reached and set the hi speed values to the value that i actually want? Do you think that whis would avoid the error code and fan lock on??

Ev.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I'll dig through my emails and see what i can upo with.
There were a number of changes invoved, disabling low speed DTC errors due to no BCM signal, change high speed settings to low speed settings from memory, think there may have also been a couiple of others.

yoda69
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

took a while but i found the thread here
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Try this.
Btbp3243no vats - take3.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Should have the low speed fan DTC disables and the high speed fans set to the low speed, plus some of the changes Holden202 posted in the the other thread.

yoda69
ev351

Post by ev351 »

wow, thank you so much, im just erasing a eprom now... ill let u know how it goes. Actually, i might go grab the camera and post some pics for you guys...
Ev.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

cool... prom burned.. im just going to put it in and see what happens..
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Ok, so I burned take 3, popped it in and cranked it up. The fan came on when the engine got up to temp. But it stayed on until i switched the engine off. It took the temp way down, so its not an efficiency issue. When i started the engine again, the fan did not come back on and the engine would overheat if given the chance.... Does this mean anything to you Yoda?

Ev.