delco into Td gemini running Mitsubishi 6A12 TT

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Nemesis
cars: td gemini

Re: delco into Td gemini running Mitsubishi 6A12 TT

Post by Nemesis »

could 2 of the injectors on the v8 bin be disabled to run as a v6?

I like the idea of running sequential injection but the use of a maf sensor really won't it in well with my installation plans.

I was planning on running a dual plenum dual throttle body setup.

the project goal is to ring every piece of value out of my dollar, it relies big time on wrecking yard parts and making things fit where they were never meant to go.

basicly everything except the shell and some of the front suspension is to be outsourced.

even the shell and the remaining suspension components are in for some modification.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I just realised, I have a mate who has a kalmaker ecu and software.

would it be difficult for him to create/send me a copy of the bin file?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if you bought a security code for the ecu so the kalmaker bin would run yes but it would need a lot of tuning to to suit the setup as well would be best to get him to tune it with his kalmaker ecu and burn the tuned chip to a memcal .you would still need the security code for it to allow the bin to run on the ecu.but for on a budget using wrecker parts the vr ecu and wiring would be best for electronic auto .i hate them boxes myself :D and would go vp trans and ecu setup much easier to setup wire up and tune if youve seen the amount of settings for the electronic gearbox you might feel the same LOL.could take longer to tune the auto settings than getting the engine to run at its best and 1 little mistake with an auto setting and you will be hunting for a new auto .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

ok I have taken on board the advice you guys have given me and made some chnges.

I will run a vn-vp ecu and automatic.

maf/map I'm still looking into (thanks to those who have offered help)

the digital dash idea is out due to legalities in qld, but I'm currently looking into running the guages from the donor car the dash came from, can bus converters are hard to find but have found a couple I need.

cheers fellas.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

youve made a wise choice for ease of installation and tuning you cant go past vn-vr setup really sure it isnt sequential injection but thats no biggy you dont gain much from sequencial anyway.wont take you long at all to setup with the vn-vp harness and ecu i can help with wiring it up all comes down to weather you want to run a second hand harness or make your own now.speedo is as easy as buying an aftermarket electronic speedo or using the vn one.or with the software allready on offer for 808 ecu aldl you can still go digital screen via aldl if you want.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

cheers mate.

the whole dash assembly is actually a vy commodore item, were cutting it down to suit and I'm running the matching cluster.

the vy cluster is actually run by it's own built in computer which translates packets it receives via a canbus input from the vy ecu.

the canbus system in the vy is a standardized system (SAE J1939) and some converters for analogue to SAE J1939 are available.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I've just had a rather clever idea.

use the vn-r ecu to run the engine

stash the vy ecu away somewhere, recieving all the signals from the sensors and use it to run the canbus.

I may be able to find a way to turn it into a canbus controller reciever blah blah.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

ok I just got given a vn calais v6.

has plenty of bits I can pinch other than the ecu and sensors

cruise control
climate control
power windows (only need the motors)
computer assisted trip meter/odometer
power mirrors (some fiberglassing needed to make them fit)
remote central locking
lsd differential (to be narrowed to suit)

one freebie has pretty much saved me a couple of thousand bucks there, quite happy :D

I'll start a project thread soon I think.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

hey guys, just popped in to give a quick update.

engine is now paid in full, sitting in sydney waiting for shipping.

using aftermarket gauges, too much work, found some nice lcd units anyway.

got the calais home but yet to strip it, will start when I get up in the morning.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've been waiting for a reason to use this icon :)

:worthless: