delco into Td gemini running Mitsubishi 6A12 TT

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Nemesis
cars: td gemini

delco into Td gemini running Mitsubishi 6A12 TT

Post by Nemesis »

hi guys, glad I found this forum.

I'm embarking on a new project, trying to be different I have gone with a transplant against the norm, the 6A12 twin turbo v6 from a 95 galant vr4.

I have chosen the delco computer due to their reliability, extremly cost effective price, and their compatibility with my choice of transmission, a vt commodore 4l60e.

I have no problem with aquiring the sensors, ecu and loom, what I'd like to know is if theres any software available that will also allow me to tweak the transmission a little?

that saying, can the delco be completly unlocked allowing me to change transmission settings and alo turn other ecu features on and off?

I also want to run an in dash lcd system which replaces the original gauges but this system requires an obd II compliant or 100% obd II interface, as far as I know only the vx ecu is 100% obd II.
delcowizzid

Re: delco into Td gemini running Mitsubishi 6A12 TT

Post by delcowizzid »

hey there welcome along.nice sounding little project.I myself would probably go the vn-vp hydraulic auto makes life so much easier really in the long run.the VT bins arnt very well defined yet to allow for tuning only spark and very few tables are done in any xdf's i have.there are auto settings in there somewhere too just no-one in the diy community is giving out a good xdf to work with tunerpro.sure you could buy a kalmaker ecu and software or the software from dicks electronics and get tuning but they arnt cheap.you could use VR auto wiring i spose and run the VR auto ecu and tune it has auto trans tables all defined and stuff and is MAP sensor based but it expects to see a camshaft sensor as well as a crank angle sensor.could possibley use the VR V8 bin i dont think that runs a cam sensor like the v6 ones.best is the vn auto box and vn-vp 1227808 ecu and wiring or a custom harness and the realtime tuning boards from on here to convert the 808.would be the simplest to setup and tune out of all of them.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

do you know if the maintenance port is obd II compliant?

the software I want to run depends on it.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Holden Commodore vehicles became OBD-II compliant with the introduction of the VZ in regard to V6 engines but were compliant since the introduction of the VT ( 2000 ) as far as V8 engines were concerned ( Gen III LS1 ).

so V6 is not OBDII CAN BUS capable.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

ok no worries.

I just read that the software also works on eobd compliant ecu's also, I think I read somewhere that the vr ecu supports this function.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

does it say anything about GM aldl or VPW comms
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

SAE-J1850 (PWM and VPW), dont quote me on it but that should be the later ecu protocol so it may work.there are other free programs that do ALDL dashboards like efilive V4 and scannerpro.plus many others.some are nicer than others i must admit but its not like you have much room for a laptop on the dash anyway.you could fit a mini dvd screen i spose.this software was pretty cool looking few people had issues and the guy stopped developing it I think VL400 knows the guy who was doing it
Screenshot06a.png
Screenshot06a.png (43 KiB) Viewed 8171 times
Screenshot06f.png
Screenshot06f.png (302.74 KiB) Viewed 8187 times
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

awsome, Ive got my hands on a licence free version of the software, I'll have a go and if it doesn't work I'll look into the others.

basicly I'm replacing my guages with a 7"tft lcd, will be running via my on board pc (carputer).
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

someone broke the fuel gauge needle off :lol: