Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
bee3
cars: Hilux
Rodeo

Hiux to Holden V6

Post by bee3 »

Hi
Can someone put me in the right direction
I want to put v6 in a 1990 hilux but have been told to get a vp1993 series 2 motor because it has no BCM and is easier to do,also this model has a metal sump
Newer motors Vt (ecotec) what dramas would i have with Bcm and Ecm in a conversion with these motors.Do they have more emission control to deal with at a rta inspection.?
Can i burn new file to eprom (memcal)etc.?
Need Help
Thanks
Holden202T

Re: Hiux to Holden V6

Post by Holden202T »

i agree, anything PRE VR V6 is the easiest option.

VR V6 has the electronically controlled auto so needs the computer to suit it, which also requires the BCM to be disabled etc. As far as engine differences to a VP theres nothing really to make it a better option unless you want the electronic auto.

VN/VP all have the same computer and both use hydraulic auto so makes swaps alot easier in that regard.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you generally need to put in a motor of the same year model or newer as the car its going into, most engineers usually require all pollution gear to be fitted, eg. charcoal canister, proper air box, cat converter etc .... not big issues but worth thinking about.

I have put an ecotec into a torana and honestly, for the features of the newer computer v's the hassles of not having the bcm i'd prefer the older motor .... the ecotec sure makes more power, but if i did it again i reckon i'd go vn/vp computer and wiring with the hydraulic auto

have a look at www.v6conversions.com.au they might be able to answer some of your questions in their info.