Holden202T

Re: Datsun 240z with L20ET

Post by Holden202T »

this was a vh44 remote booster :P
L20A
cars: 1984 Nissan 300ZX Targa Rally Car

Post by L20A »

That's a good point guys as we did have the master off while working on the engine and got it tested... (the master not the booster) That was the first practical run after putting it back in so I might have to get in there and investigate it!

Thanks again, fingers crossed it's that easy!
http://www.garageofawesome.com.au
Come visit us for car related rants, artilces, events, classic cars for sale or even drop us a line and chat Delco EFI :)
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

If the reaction disc has fallen out you would certainly know it. You would notice severe braking at the smallest pedal push. Like every time you brake your head would go through the windscreen but I sure do agree about the pushrod length. Easy way to find it is to push the brakes and if the front don't release crack a bleed nipple open and if it releases that's the cause. Master cylinder not returning. Either a cylinder problem or the pushrod too long. If the fronts don't make any difference do the same with the back brakes. You should be able to nail it.
The master cylinder must be able to return far enough to allow the primary cups inside to open a compensating port. This port/hole allows fluid to flow back into the reservoir as it heats up and expands plus visa versa. it is only very small but vital in releasing pressure from the hydraulic system.
L20A
cars: 1984 Nissan 300ZX Targa Rally Car

Post by L20A »

That sounds spot on for the rod length. We mixed and matched a bit to get everything together so there was always the fear that something wasn't quite right. To get the car on the trailer at the track I had to bleed off some pressure from the fronts.

I know what I'll be doing next.

Cheers!
http://www.garageofawesome.com.au
Come visit us for car related rants, artilces, events, classic cars for sale or even drop us a line and chat Delco EFI :)
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

There's also some pedal height adjustment that may be working against you.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.