VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Holden202T

Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Post by Holden202T »

ps. the tune i made using $12P can be found in the custom tunes section of the forum.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I was thinking yesterday how cool it would be if you could get the 808 to switch an output for the solenoid at a particular condition.

lol looks like you answered that one. 808 it is then.

Now my next question is (since i don't have equipment nor experience tuning these ecus) who would be the best person here who would be able to flash me a very well tuned EPROM suiting me needs?

Also with the knock sensors, do I use one only or can I use both in parallel for "extra coverage" with 808?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Jervies
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor

Post by Jervies »

Just the single vn sensor not the ecotec sensor
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well the best tune i can offer is the one in the custom tunes section, its basically a stock ecotec with high flow cat and 2.5 inch exhaust, aside from that it was just 808 tuned to suit ecotec. there is also dual tables in it for 98 octane and 91 octane, seemed to make a nice difference in my torana.

you then just run vn v6 coolant, mat and o2 sensors and it should work as normal.

mat sensor i tapped into the side of the manifold where the EGR pipe normally goes which was blank on the VS engine., brass adaptor was sourced to screw into normal CTS location that accepted the vn cts. i made a bracket to screw on top of the manifold to allow my TH700 kickdown to work.

the full write up is here of my conversion https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=16&t=144
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

ok sounds good, does this include the purge solenoid function?

how does it go on 95 octane?

I plan to put the MAT in one of the rear runner should provide faster temp reading response due to higher air velocity, basically they same design as VN-VR.

I want to use the EGR port , tapped and fitted with small barb for the MAP as it seems like a good spot based on the location of the VN-VR MAP port location (just after the TB) once again "should" provide a more responsive vac signal as we all know air has mass and takes time to fill the plenum. Actually I just realized the EGR is behind the TB butterfly shaft, so might have more vac than normal from the way air moves around the butterfly.

I recon in the bottom of the plenum inlet just behind the TB should be good.

is there a way to adjust delay time between these events?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Another question? performance wise and economy how does this compare to the stock ecotec management.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i never ran it on 95, only 91 and 98.

map sensor location i doubt will make much difference, aslong as its on the right side of the butterfly.

performance was definately better, economy was pretty much the same as using the ecotec pcm
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Yeah I seen a youtube vid of an ecotec in a VN that holzy did. Its insane how fast it is. It accelerates almost twice as quick as my stock VP V6.

I wonder how many Kw at the flywheel using this system? Or should I say torque curve :)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I got a couple of questions regarding your tune listed on the custom tune section.

you say stock ecotec injectors (grey top) I am confused by what you mean grey top? are you talking about VS injectors? all ecotec engines I seen personally have 777 green injectors EV6 type.

Also I noticed PS and AC are disabled in the tune?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah my motor was a VS and had the older style injectors, i don't know how much difference there is between the two, but if they are the same LB rating it probably wont change things.

i'm not sure what you mean about PS & AC disabled in the tune ? i didn't run those but i don't recall having to disable anything for them just ran a shorter fan belt to suit.