30HZ logging for all 8192 ECM/ PCMs

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

30HZ logging for all 8192 ECM/ PCMs

Post by kojab »

All GM 8192 based bins are capable of logging speeds greater than 10/11 frames per second. To achieve 30 frames per second it is just a matter of requesting a shorter ALDL string and rearranging the required ALDL memory locations in the bin. We have been using this procedure for 15 years and if anyone wants to learn how to do this, post up your bin and current adx and I will explain how to do it. It will help if you have some experience with TunerPro adx modification.
Also, the changes we will be making to the bin file will be hex numbers so you will need a hex editor.

Would be nice if VL400 has the time to add this to his Flashtool as this would make the pid selection very easy. I don’t know if this is possible as there are many bin types and many memory locations to consider. If not you will have to do it the hard way and learn something along the way.

Dick
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: 30HZ logging for all 8192 ECM/ PCMs

Post by VL400 »

Yeah it sure is the way to get some good data, 11P and 12P have this feature and is pretty much all I ever use for logging (24 bytes is still over 20Hz). The flashtool has the configuration tool, allows 1-24 items to be defined in the message so you can sort of choose the speed you want. The most time consuming part is just working out the RAM address location and function.

I have been talking to The1 about adding this for the enhanced bins so hopefully should see that all added soon :thumbup:
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Good to here you can accommodate for different bins. When you say "1-24 items to be defined" can any known item be one of the 24? I have got used to locating RAM addresses by just typing FF FF in the hex file, a small group of FF FF and your usually in the middle of it.

Keep up the great work.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Config tool looks like this ...
11P_M11_V106 Trans.png
11P_M11_V106 Trans.png (51.53 KiB) Viewed 4619 times

You just choose the number of bytes you want in the message and choose your items from the drops down lists. Click write and make the ADX to suit your new message.

The items to choose from are defined in the flashtool, so if you have a list of known RAM address' for various bins I can add them.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

In the logging function I wrote for the Motronic ECUs I made a 12x1 table to hold the RAM addresses.
When TP requests a packet from the ECU it includes the number of items to send, and the ECU sends that many back starting from the first address in the table.
That way if you put the fast changing objects at the start of the table (rpm, load, ignition etc) followed by the slower changing ones (CTS, MAT, vBAT, DTCs etc) the adx can request say 4 x 3 object messages in a row followed by 1 x 7 byte message to significantly increase logging speed without really impacting the data resolution.
The RAM address table is defined in the XDF to keep things simple:
msg.jpg
msg.jpg (43.66 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
When your ECU can only process 50 bytes per second, every little speed tweak counts :oops:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Thats a neat solution, good way to get priority logging.