Immortalities totally random thread

A place For General Chit Chat Etc

Re: Immortalities totally random thread

Postby immortality » Tue May 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Not quiet. the bearing is pressed onto the pinion. The shim goes under the bearing cup in the housing on the IRS version of the diff. I used the original shim.

On the older style diffs the shim is between the between the bearing and pinion.

The guy I spoke with today recommended using a heat gun to warm the housing a bit so the bearing cup goes in easier.

Today's mission,
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-19 at 18.08.52.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-19 at 18.08.52 (1).jpeg

Washing machine locked up on the weekend on the final spin cycle, 1200rpm with a full load of towels. Looks like the seal failed causing bearing failure. In this case the rear bearing cage failed, part of it folded over and locked up the bearing. Made of a hell of a racket when it locked up. Bearings look standard but that seal might be difficult to get.

According to the manufacturer that is not repairable, the only sell the whole rear section of the tub with complete bearing/hub etc.

Postby Gampy » Tue May 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Ah, Ok ... That's a newer style then I'm familiar with. setup is still basically the same.

Yea, Heat gun, kitchen oven whatever is handy to heat it up good and even ... You'll be surprised how much difference a couple hundred degree F will do. (Sorry don't know the C scale)

Holly cow, that's a fresh clean break, it just snapped! Bet that made y'all jump ...
I'm not angry, I'm a blatant, driven, passionate individual that is extremely intense!

Postby immortality » Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Looks like I'm finally getting a bit of good luck. Managed to track down a supplier who has these special seals. Will fit some decent bearings to replace the cheap chinese ones that were in there.

Postby immortality » Mon May 25, 2020 4:48 pm

After changing the ppk value in the dash do I need to change any other settings to get the fuel calculations correct for the diff ratio change?

Looks like my bearings and seal for the washing machine are stuff in the backlog of parcels in the greater Auckland region and washing is piling up fast :(

Previous

Return to Off Topic