GM You done f*cked UP with programming

A place For General Chit Chat Etc

Re: GM You done f*cked UP with programming

Postby In-Tech » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:54 pm

Tazzi wrote:
In-Tech wrote:Hiya, I would think by part number since one part number is used in many different vehicles. Here's a small screenshot example of a few in order numerically.
Modules_B.JPG

Personally I would still be grouping by ECU/TCM type and corresponding/compatible operating systems.

It also helps for reverse engineering to identify what cals match which vehicles and how their differences correlate to another car. :thumbup:

Or at least, have some sort of filtering system which allows typing in an ECU type and Operating system to display compatible calibrations and their description (engine/engine diag, system ect).

Absolutely Tazzi, I would love to be able to group by that. The rub for me is a lot of these files come from dealerships where I have no idea what they were for and they let me make a backup of their files, then I unpack to .bin and save. :silent:

Postby julespatch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 pm

Just tried again and got on but got a new message.
VE series 2 radio files weren't available. Lame
Only tried the SDM and that came up ok.
Attachments
20210915_162057.jpg

Postby Tazzi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:27 pm

In-Tech wrote:Absolutely Tazzi, I would love to be able to group by that. The rub for me is a lot of these files come from dealerships where I have no idea what they were for and they let me make a backup of their files, then I unpack to .bin and save. :silent:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I understand, that would make sense, well guess it could come in handy when there is a request for a missing cal that might be in the huge collection there :thumbup:

julespatch wrote:Just tried again and got on but got a new message.
VE series 2 radio files weren't available. Lame
Only tried the SDM and that came up ok.

Be great if I even got that far :lol:
There are gonna have to pickup their shit soon with the number of people banging down their door.
I had 12 missed calls from techline support today, between 3am to 8am. I was actually awake during that point but the work phone is not on during that point!!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Postby julespatch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:41 pm

They just emailed me back and offered to call up and help tomorrow at 830am my time. Let's see how it goes.

Previous

Return to Off Topic