FS: VR - VY BCM Simulator

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.

FS: VR - VY BCM Simulator

Postby pman92 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:01 am

This is a BCM simulator for VR-VY.
I came up with this after experimenting with ALDL on an Arduino. Big thanks to this forum for a bucket load of information and VL400 who answered quite a few questions I had.

Features are:
- VR-VS VATS response.
- VT-VY VATS response, including automatically linking to PCM if required.
- Option to disable VATS with a manual kill switch so engine will not start (2 wires included, 1 will disable when connected to ground, the other when connected to +12v)
- VS-VY low speed cooling fan relay control output (retain a dual speed cooling fan)
- VT-VY oil pressure warning lamp output
- VT-VY engine malfunction warning lamp output
- VT-VY A/C request input (retain the standard pressure transducer and have the PCM control the A/C compressor)

If using with a VT-VY PCM, it will act as a standard BCM to broadcast the heartbeat and module requests (all the chatter) on the data bus. This will allow other factory modules to communicate as normal (for example, you can use a complete VT-VY dash cluster with your VT-VY PCM). It will respond as normal to disable/enable chatter commands so the chatter doesn't get in the way of a scan tool/logging/tuning etc.

It is not very big (80x40x20mm).

Instructions are included. All features are optional, you may want to use it for VATS or you may already have VATS disabled but want to use a dash cluster. Just don't connect the wires you don't need.

$160 which includes postage Australia wide

20181109_134745.jpg

Re: FS: VR - VY BCM Simulator

Postby Holden202T » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:00 am

nice one!

so it runs on an arduino ?

Postby pman92 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:40 pm

It runs an Atmega328 (same microprocessor as an arduinp uno) on a dedicated PCB I had made for the purpose.
The development was initially done on an arduino and then on an atmega328 on a breadboard/bench setup I made.
The code itself was written in the Arduino IDE

Postby Biggvl » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Love it, this will be great for some of the conversions being done out there :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...

Return to For Sale