Today I was playing around with my modded delco (NVRam & Comms mod) using tunerpro 5, while emulating and datalogging at the same time occasionaly the engine would start idleing fast around 1700rpm. Initally though a vacuum leak or a problem with the IAC but I tried it on a mates car and it done the same. also notice when it appens the desired rpm goes red and reads very low like 13 rpm ?????
Anyone have any suggestions on whats going on.
$12P Strange Idle
-
MOPAR
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm
- cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon
-
ToyHicko
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
- cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
- Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia
Re: $12P Strange Idle
HI MOPAR
I know your going to get asked these questions atleast.
What cal/bin are you using?
What car?
What engine?
Which comms board?
edit:
wouldn't hurt to say what version of $12P assume it's V1.10 and the xdf file your using
I'm currently having issues the the BLCD cal found in the V1.10 bundle but slowing working my way though it found a few thing in the IAC part of the tune different to the factory BLCD tune.
I know your going to get asked these questions atleast.
What cal/bin are you using?
What car?
What engine?
Which comms board?
edit:
wouldn't hurt to say what version of $12P assume it's V1.10 and the xdf file your using
I'm currently having issues the the BLCD cal found in the V1.10 bundle but slowing working my way though it found a few thing in the IAC part of the tune different to the factory BLCD tune.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: $12P Strange Idle
And to add to them, did you capture a log of when it happened?? Is it a repeatable thing?? What were you changing at the time to make it happen??
In the ADX the desired idle range should go up to 1600RPM not 1500RPM so that might be why it was showing a low number, if you have a log change the ADX and play it back.
In the ADX the desired idle range should go up to 1600RPM not 1500RPM so that might be why it was showing a low number, if you have a log change the ADX and play it back.
-
MOPAR
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm
- cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon
Re: $12P Strange Idle
The cal im using is 12P_V102_BLCD.cal
The engine is a 318 cu chrysler V8
Comms board is a max232 interface
Definition is OSE$12P_V102.xdf
Nothing in the cal has been modified, at the time I was having a look at the data aquisition stuff using OSE_$12P_v1.05_1BAR.adx and emulation was enabled. When It started idleing fast I turned it off and then restarted it and after running for about 30 seconds it done it again. I also tried it on a mates 5 litre and it does it on that aswell only seems to do it when emulating and dat logging at the same time though. I saved a log of it but can't seem to get it to playback. I'll have another go at logging it tonight.
The engine is a 318 cu chrysler V8
Comms board is a max232 interface
Definition is OSE$12P_V102.xdf
Nothing in the cal has been modified, at the time I was having a look at the data aquisition stuff using OSE_$12P_v1.05_1BAR.adx and emulation was enabled. When It started idleing fast I turned it off and then restarted it and after running for about 30 seconds it done it again. I also tried it on a mates 5 litre and it does it on that aswell only seems to do it when emulating and dat logging at the same time though. I saved a log of it but can't seem to get it to playback. I'll have another go at logging it tonight.
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: $12P Strange Idle
I would suggest updating to $12Pv110 and using the latest flashtool to update your v102 cal to v110. there were fixes in v110 to make it compatible with the plugin, so emulation wont work that well on v102. I think youll have to pull your nvram to update with a burner as code flashing up the aldl cable may not have been implemented in v102. vl400 can confirm that though.
-
ToyHicko
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
- cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
- Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia
Re: $12P Strange Idle
I are you sure it's the BLCD as it is a V6 tune the BLCF is the 5L V8 tune. But I would also try the BLCF V1.10 first see that fixes anything. You would have to reburn to NVRAM and i think it was 1.04 the first of the write bin was enabled.
-
MOPAR
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm
- cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon
Re: $12P Strange Idle
Yer it is BLCF not BLCD. I'll update and give it a try with V1.10 and let you know how I get on.
Thanks
Thanks
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: $12P Strange Idle
You should be able to update without burning, V1.02 was the first to have that feature.
Using V1.02 will be the cause of your problem, the write mode in versions prior to v1.10 used the buffer differently - we had two write modes, a high speed (9-128byte writes) and a low speed (1-8 bytes). The plugin only uses the high speed, so the change was made to allow the high speed to write 1-128bytes in v1.10. The issue you have is for any 1-8 byte change it will be using the wrong buffer and writing random data to random address' so you need to check the cal and bin as its likely to be corrupted.
Using V1.02 will be the cause of your problem, the write mode in versions prior to v1.10 used the buffer differently - we had two write modes, a high speed (9-128byte writes) and a low speed (1-8 bytes). The plugin only uses the high speed, so the change was made to allow the high speed to write 1-128bytes in v1.10. The issue you have is for any 1-8 byte change it will be using the wrong buffer and writing random data to random address' so you need to check the cal and bin as its likely to be corrupted.
-
MOPAR
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm
- cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon
Re: $12P Strange Idle
Thanks for the info. I'll download latest version and cals and start from scratch again.
-
MOPAR
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm
- cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon
Re: $12P Strange Idle
I updated my memcal to OSE_12PV110 today also tried to update the plugin for TP5 but I cant seem to get the OSEv120 plugin to work OSEv110 & OSEv112 work but OSEv120 doesn't show up in the preference window in TP. Do I need to do anything different with v120 ???