Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
I did never try the trionic software in my car with pcm bcm and pim wired up I don't think then my openport cable had a choke fall off and its dead lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
Trionic works in and out with mdi
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
i tried trionic with my vcxnano and vz ecu and couldn't get anything to work.
-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
Hit and miss with trionic and vcxnano
-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
First time i got vxdiag to work with trionic i accidentally connected the ignition input through the led indicator circuit of a toggle switch 
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
i think that's just reading the PID's, you can get that with 1A read function. Write back with 3B. it's mainly just for VIN and ECU model and part numbers, software versions etc.delcowizzid wrote:Here's a did read
VIN is in PID 90
-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
Does anyone know how to wake an ecu on a test bench that normally wakes in the car by jumping the starter relay?
Thanks
Matt
Thanks
Matt
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
Its not 'waking it' but kinda just bypassing/manually triggering the starter which the ecu might be struggling to control if its buggered.mattyjf01 wrote:Does anyone know how to wake an ecu on a test bench that normally wakes in the car by jumping the starter relay?
Thanks
Matt
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
mattyjf01
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
Hey tazzi
No throttle movement or humming noise
but engage the soleniod quickly ( even without rotating the engine) and ecu starts it's initialization process
How do you personallly get around this on a bench setup
Thanks
Matt
No throttle movement or humming noise
but engage the soleniod quickly ( even without rotating the engine) and ecu starts it's initialization process
How do you personallly get around this on a bench setup
Thanks
Matt
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Why I hate VZ V6 ECUs...
I've never had it not start up on bench unless completely dead (never actually warms up and amps draw shows next to no current)mattyjf01 wrote:Hey tazzi
No throttle movement or humming noise
but engage the soleniod quickly ( even without rotating the engine) and ecu starts it's initialization process
How do you personallly get around this on a bench setup
Thanks
Matt
Or you just get a no comms situation.
But just hooking all positives, ignitions, grounds and comms seems to work fine.