custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 eprom

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
[email protected]
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:19 am
cars: Vz senator, vr ss, vn ss, vl turbo, hj ute.

custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 eprom

Post by [email protected] »

ive loaded a custom bin file to a sst27sf512 eeprom, used moates g1 adaptor, installed in a vs v8 auto stato and it started and idled fine, erased the factory eprom and loaded same bin file onto it and the vehicle doesnt idle, transmission light stays on. What xauses this. Cheers
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by vlad01 »

How are you erasing the factory one?
[email protected]
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:19 am
cars: Vz senator, vr ss, vn ss, vl turbo, hj ute.

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by [email protected] »

With an eprom eraser, then confirming its blank with flash&burn
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by vlad01 »

have you verified the data on it after burning it? It may not be programing correctly. I have had faulty eproms before that did blank fine but burnt weird, single cell that was stuck at FF, I even had one that burned the data in duplicate simultaneously in 2 areas of the eprom somehow.
[email protected]
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:19 am
cars: Vz senator, vr ss, vn ss, vl turbo, hj ute.

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by [email protected] »

I tried to verify chip with buffer but it kept saying no match, then i read apparently eproms wont verify with buffer? Im guessing its just an issue with the bin file cells on the factory eprom?, ive bought more sst27sf512 eeproms so ill program one of those with the bin file then ill see if that verifys then works in vehicle
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by Charlescrown »

I use both and have no problems. Probably stating the obvious but you have changed the device?
[email protected]
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:19 am
cars: Vz senator, vr ss, vn ss, vl turbo, hj ute.

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by [email protected] »

Same device used moates apu1, flash&burn,bin works fine on blank sst27sf512, erase factory eprom and verified blank, load same bin on and isnt working, tried twice and no good. Its in a vs v8 stato, the bin file 8006 checksum cell is blank and i used the sst27sf512 with moates adaptor memcal. Wondering if the blank checksum cell with the bin on the eprom is the issue?
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by Charlescrown »

I use a GQ-4X and I have to change the device to be able to read write to each of those chips otherwise they won't work. Just a thought. I am using 11P and you don't have to worry about the checksum.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by vlad01 »

Pretty sure eeprom and regular eprom use different voltages for programing. You have to select the device type for your programmer.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: custom bin works on 27sf512eeprom but not on 27c512 epro

Post by delcowizzid »

You can't burn a 27c512 eprom on the 27sf512 setting
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem